1. @Welsh_Edge Not really actually, I tried to open it up instead and only used wideners/enhancers, a few kick-drum effects and a more separated vocal.

I did choose to use almost no limiter to make it as loud as possible. That will make verses etc sound better, but the extremes suffer from it. It's all choices/choices really..

To prove that point I'll do a reverse job on any HTDAAB song of your choice though
  2. But err.. Instead of "shouting at me", maybe you want to help me out? I'm no expert, just a fan..
  3. Something like: WAV -> FLAC -> mp3
  4. ... mp3>youtube>whatever downloaded from youtube>youtube
    every step is just another compression right?
  5. Why not to start with original bootleg in looseless format?
  6. Being concerned about a thief possibly being mad at you for using "his" audio is nothing but ironic

@melon51 I actually think it's not Xavel's audio, it's actually @hoserama's recording and Paulo wants to pass it as Xavel's so he doesn't get flamed for stealing audio (again). But even if it's Xavel's audio you should not credit Paulo in any way, first of all because he steals audio, videos and photos without asking for permission, and second of all because he doesn't record anything - all you see and hear in his videos is taken from other people's work.

And yeah, by all means AVOID downloading from Youtube (=as lossy as it gets) to edit and reupload again to youtube (which will mess it up again). If you want the best audio sources available just head to our Shows section and download the bootleg of your choice, read the info file and if there is a clause of contacting the taper before remastering or altering the recording (which there usually is, specially for bootlegs from Popmart on), just do so. Fair for everyone and the best quality you can work with
  7. Rome isn't mine, that's the Xavel source. Vetri has stolen a bunch of my other recordings, but Rome ain't it.

Agreed with the sentiment that you could work with the original sources, not YouTube tips. Also take your time. Just because you have Izotope music rebalancer doesn't mean that everything should be completely retweaked, especially if it's already been mixed (like Rome 2017). Maybe focus more on raw sources like some straight iems, and do a mix of that with an aud with all the tools.
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:Rome isn't mine, that's the Xavel source. Vetri has stolen a bunch of my other recordings, but Rome ain't it.

Agreed with the sentiment that you could work with the original sources, not YouTube tips. Also take your time. Just because you have Izotope music rebalancer doesn't mean that everything should be completely retweaked, especially if it's already been mixed (like Rome 2017). Maybe focus more on raw sources like some straight iems, and do a mix of that with an aud with all the tools.
    Ah I didn't know we were talking about Rome, I got confused between that and a Youtube discussion that someone pointed me out via PM. Hilarious stuff
  9. Guys,

This was a 10 minute trial, it was by no means a serious/decent attempt.. I'm already regretting it and just took it down. I don't want to offend people that put a lot of time and effort into IEM sourcing..

In general I know about file formats, compression, how youtube compresses (takes 12-24 hours for some songs) and have double-tested various upload formats. The highest quality in such a test (to my ears) was a 32-bit Wav from Ozone converted to video with ProRes settings in iMovie. That will leave you with a 1,7GB file for a 5min song though and is very time-consuming, so I'm not gonna do that for every test/first attempt..

I do think that with a proper raw source and subtle tweaking in Ozone some live songs can be made to sound better. I'm currently not doing anything with live tracks, but @hoserama I'll contact you when someone has an idea for a live track?

PS. @LikeASong: Thanks for explaining about Paulo I deleted the vid, and will check out the Shows section as well..
  10. Just download the original audio sources, then add it to the video. That way you don't run into all sorts of compression artifacts amplified by the processing. You can just export back out as 16bit, 44.1khz, since the source was CD.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Ah I didn't know we were talking about Rome, I got confused between that and a Youtube discussion that someone pointed me out via PM. Hilarious stuff
    It is a laugh, especially when other characters besides Vetri start to wade into the pool.
  12. Originally posted by hoserama:Just download the original audio sources, then add it to the video. That way you don't run into all sorts of compression artifacts amplified by the processing. You can just export back out as 16bit, 44.1khz, since the source was CD.
    Thanks, have no plans for live currently but will do when the occasion arises