1. Sorry for boosting an old thread but is there a reason why Bono doesn't sing the if I could through myself set your spirit free verse anymore?
  2. What a song. I’ve not just discovered it tonight for the first time or anything but listening to it again I can’t help but say how great it is. It’s one of they songs I’d be happy if they never dropped and on each listen there’s a different thing that strikes me and it evokes different emotions as well. A really special song.
  3. Some of those Zoo performances were🔥
  4. Hello,

I have been mostly a lurker here, but U2 fan since the mid-1980s.

I may not make myself popular with this, but I prefer mellow, restrained, versions of Bad without the obligatory "snippets" - just the U2 song without the tributes. I assume some performances were like that in the beginning, but have there been any in more recent shows?
  5. Doubtful there's many like that
  6. Would it be Bad without any snippets?
  7. Originally posted by megapolisomancy:Hello,

I have been mostly a lurker here, but U2 fan since the mid-1980s.

I may not make myself popular with this, but I prefer mellow, restrained, versions of Bad without the obligatory "snippets" - just the U2 song without the tributes. I assume some performances were like that in the beginning, but have there been any in more recent shows?
    None that I can think of off the top of my head - I’m only familiar with some from very early on, like you said. I’ll give it a look on U2Gigs and see if I can find any though!

EDIT: Just went through their listings for every show through I&E and couldn’t find any performances without snippets.
  8. Bad is my favorite song on the planet and have listened to many versions. Maybe the original thread question is dead but I add my two cents:

Performance I wish i was on front row- Lovetown Rotterdam

Best DVD version- Boston 2001

Best YouTube- Paulo’s Joshua Tree Brazil with heroes/waters of march

Best walking to class (25 yrs ago) version because that’s what I did- rattle and hum version (Denver 1987 I think) as my and only live version I had portable access to.

Desert island- wide awake in America

All other scenarios- Remy’s database on shuffle but always starting with LiveAid

Now my question- have any of you listened to Bono’s memoir Surrender as an audiobook? He narrates it and most chapters start with a little music. The chapter “Bad” starts with 30-45 seconds of an acoustic version with what sounds like only acoustic guitar and Bono singing. Sooooo cool! I’m guessing it was recorded just for book but I am now determined to find an acoustic version somehow/somewhere.

Any suggestions?