1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    It’s a good HAIM song!

The Beck remix is the best version imo. Really love opening with the “Free yourself to be yourself” line
    So you love Iris too?
  2. A song based on a riff by some other band and that reuses the lyrics and coda from another tune?

Yeah
  3. i like to think that the band improved a median song to a great song with these elements
  4. Summer of Love is worse lol, literally a One Republic song
  5. The BBC version with orchestra was quite good.
  6. Plus, we don't know which song was created first: Lights of Home or Iris. That recycling doesn't bother me at all (maybe Iris recycled LOH), unlike the trio Glastonbury/Volcano/AS, which was too much, and that damn chorus was never good anyway.
  7. You must not like the pop or rap/RnB genre at all? This is done constantly and oftentimes bit and pieces from other compositions are taken and mixed together with new lyrics/music and creates something good, great, or even better (than the real thing).
  8. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    You must not like the pop or rap/RnB genre at all? This is done constantly and oftentimes bit and pieces from other compositions are taken and mixed together with new lyrics/music and creates something good, great, or even better (than the real thing).
    I'm definitely not into modern pop, hip-hop, etc. Just because something's common or trendy doesn't mean it's good Sampling, imitating and copying has always been nuclear for music... There's even bands that have built entire and successful careers over copying others (Oasis, Led Zeppelin) but I prefer when my favorite band doesn't do it.
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Plus, we don't know which song was created first: Lights of Home or Iris. That recycling doesn't bother me at all (maybe Iris recycled LOH), unlike the trio Glastonbury/Volcano/AS, which was too much, and that damn chorus was never good anyway.
    I much prefer Volcano to AS, it's a good old fashioned rocker as far as I'm concerned and AS seems a bit like a forced attempt to rewrite it - apart from 13 I think it's the most similar to a SoI track (that being said, great transition from AS to COBL on E+I)