1. Lights Of Home is a favourite on the album for me although I do actually prefer the Beck mix.
  2. Does everyone mostly agree that LOH St Peter Strings is superior to the basic track?
  3. Far far far far far superior.

The album track is, well, far far far far far inferior.
  4. No I think it’s about equal, I think the album version gets an overly hard time for reasons I can’t quite understand. I actually think it’s one of their better studio efforts as usually they fall a good bit short of live but no doubt the St. Peter’s string version is great too especially the live interpretation of that one which is an improvement on the studio St. Peter’s.
  5. Still a really weak song in my opinion. Not a fan of most of SOE but this is by far the song I like the least.
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Still a really weak song in my opinion. Not a fan of most of SOE but this is by far the song I like the least.
    I’ve grown to hate SOE.
  7. Originally posted by iTim:Still a really weak song in my opinion. Not a fan of most of SOE but this is by far the song I like the least.
    What about the strings version?
  8. LoH it's easily in my top 5 u2's songs from 2009-2017
  9. The album version is awful.

The Strings version is beautiful.
  10. What is so bad about the album version? I honestly don’t know what people are hearing. I understand people don’t all like the same song but I’m 100% confused why someone would love the strings version and not think the album version is at least very good. No criticism just don’t get it.
  11. It's the God awful intro on the album version. The intro on the Strings version is so much more superior.
  12. The intro on the album version is the bit they took from Haim as well. I personally love it, I think it was the intro we got a snippet of before the album was released 10 seconds or so and it got me really excited about the track and it didn’t let me down.