1. Some people dont like different opinions. I dont mind, you might need the support to be apart of the majority.
  2. Originally posted by Bloodraven:The one thing I'm intrigued/curious now, is... do One Republic has good music? I mean, I've never been interested to listen to them, but considering Tedder work on this album, and specially the West Coast/Summer of Love situation... is their music closer to Songs Of Experience, or is it closer to One Direction?

It depends on the album. The first one sounds like U2 on some songs. Minimalistic with that ambient guitar. The last album sounds more like One Direction. It is very poppy, quite electronic sounding.
  3. .
  4. Originally posted by Bloodraven:The one thing I'm intrigued/curious now, is... do One Republic has good music? I mean, I've never been interested to listen to them, but considering Tedder work on this album, and specially the West Coast/Summer of Love situation... is their music closer to Songs Of Experience, or is it closer to One Direction?

It depends on the album. The first one sounds like U2 on some songs. Minimalistic with that ambient guitar. The last album sounds more like One Direction. It is very poppy, quite electronic sounding.
  5. Originally posted by amansman:[..]

thanks!
    I'll check later the first one...
  6. Originally posted by amansman:[..]

thanks!
    I'll check later the first one... maybe I'll like it...
  7. I’d also check out the new stuff. They are a bit of an eclectic band along the lines of U2 as well.
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:The one thing I'm intrigued/curious now, is... do One Republic has good music? I mean, I've never been interested to listen to them, but considering Tedder work on this album, and specially the West Coast/Summer of Love situation... is their music closer to Songs Of Experience, or is it closer to One Direction?

In addition to what's been already said, I'll just add that OneRepublic was a fantastic supporting act for U2 when I saw the JT show in Cleveland this past summer. A lot of great songs and Ryan Tedder is truly a talented musician and frontman. I'm glad he lent his production skills to songs like Summer of Love.
  9. Originally posted by amansman:[..]
    The fact that people are defending them using someone else's guitar riff is terrible. If you are a U2 fan and you defend this, I dont think there isnt much you wouldnt defend. Its one thing to be inspired by a riff or a sound and another to copy it note for note. The standards you hold a band to are the standards you should expect.

I'm curious.
    Have you listened to any music produced in the last century? If so, chances are you have heard the results of blatant sampling done without credit. You know the entire hip hop genre wouldn't even exist without sampling? If you study the history of hip hop, you'll realize the sounds and rhythms of every single hip hop/rap song can be traced to like three original tracks. Every artist this day knows there is no such thing as 100% originality. It's all about reinvention and reapplication.