1. Haha and I like 'THIS SONG IS FUCKING EPIC' on Love is bigger...
  2. Very WAR-like - sounding really good, wow!
  3. Adam's bass is great.
  4. Yep gotta say 'War' was the very first thing that sprung to my mind when I heard it.

Second thing was The Futureheads, definitely has more than a little of their vibe going on here, very likeable, very un-U2 like (even though it could sit on War quite easily) but ya know, just generally like nothing else they've done. Will be interesting to see and hear how this one goes down live.
  5. The only reason you write a chorus like this is so you can play it live and get the building singing along with you. Even if you don't know the song ( or don't like it), it's one of those melodies you just can't help but pick up.

( The Showman is exactly the same; I'd reckon two certainties for the set list )
  6. Originally posted by turfer:The only reason you write a chorus like this is so you can play it live and get the building singing along with you. Even if you don't know the song ( or don't like it), it's one of those melodies you just can't help but pick up.

( The Showman is exactly the same; I'd reckon two certainties for the set list )
    I hope Bono can sing them!
  7. I can't see how this one would fit in War.
    Maybe earlier, like someone suggested already, but I find War too "angry" and a more "military rythm", if that makes any sense.
    Ref Flag Day has a more loose rythm, that doesn't fit War to me.
  8. I'm getting a bit of a Bob Marley / Clash vibe from this one. There's a lot going on. Very enjoyable.
  9. This reminds me of a Fall Out Boy song. I can't think of the particular one, just something about the feel and rhythm...

I am digging the hell out of this. It's gonna be so fun live.
  10. Some nice little nods to Sunday Bloody Sunday in there... 'in the news today' and the way Bono sings 'no' just after that remind me a lot of the old 'no more, no war' chant.