1. That would be a little more better then. Even though I’m usually keen on them playing as much new stuff as possible too I was glad they gave this one a miss.
  2. Nice pun..
  3. RFD is over rated. Three dumb chords and a Police vibe.
  4. I don’t think RFD is one of the better songs on the album, definitely has dropped a bit in my estimations gradually but I think it’s still a decent song. Better than at least 2 or 3 songs on the album including showman.
  5. RFD should have been a tour regular. In between Gloria and BD.
  6. I think it's a very nice song in the album but they didn't do it justice live. Too slow, too flat.
  7. I loved hearing RFD live in Chicago, but considering how focused the band seemed on getting the "narrative" of E & I across, I don't think they ever figured out where to put RFD in the setlist. Coming near the beginning of the show, it came off more like just a straightforward rocker instead of a more complex story involving refugees.

Going back to The Showman, though: a fun song that I would've liked to see live, too. Would've been great to shout out "Look so good!" with everybody...

...but I still can't get past how much it reminds me of "Jessie's Girl", both the chords and chorus melody.
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:I loved hearing RFD live in Chicago, but considering how focused the band seemed on getting the "narrative" of E & I across, I don't think they ever figured out where to put RFD in the setlist. Coming near the beginning of the show, it came off more like just a straightforward rocker instead of a more complex story involving refugees.

Going back to The Showman, though: a fun song that I would've liked to see live, too. Would've been great to shout out "Look so good!" with everybody...

...but I still can't get past how much it reminds me of "Jessie's Girl", both the chords and chorus melody.
    Absolutely (and sorry for keeping off topic). RFD felt absolutely out of place the few times it was played. It should have been an E stage song probably, between You're The Best Thing About Me and Summer Of Love (with which it shares an obvious theme).

It actually should have replaced The Best Thing Acrobat, then Red Flag Day, then Summer Of Love. Darkkkkkkk
  9. I like The Showman, it's a fun song. Wonder what the spinning wheel on the e stage was for. I would've liked to hear it live but not sure what the overall reception would've been for it.

Off-topic again. Personally, I think the tone and pacing for the e stage songs was great. Thought that Best Thing acoustic worked well after Acrobat.
  10. The live version of Showman from the rehearsals was very good IMO
  11. Originally posted by neilgohil:I like The Showman, it's a fun song. Wonder what the spinning wheel on the e stage was for. I would've liked to hear it live but not sure what the overall reception would've been for it.

Off-topic again. Personally, I think the tone and pacing for the e stage songs was great. Thought that Best Thing acoustic worked well after Acrobat.
    Yup, wish we knew more about that wheel
  12. Probably just another 'Wheel of Fish'