1. Originally posted by flowerchild:as someone who is part of the LGBT community, let me tell you it's an AMAZING feeling to be represented by your favourite band! the message of the song is LOVE. no buts.
    That’s amazing and what I really wanted to read on this thread. I’m not part of the LGBT community, I’m all for it though, but I’ve found inspiration in this song from the moment I read the title in fact. We all go through our own battles in life and I’m telling you love can go a long way to overcoming the biggest and toughest obstacles, you’ll do anything for someone you love and it gives you the strength to want to do anything as well. In the video it maybe highlights the obstacles the particular individuals face and the LGBT community undeniably have there obstacles and battles to face. Inspiring is the word.
  2. Originally posted by flowerchild:as someone who is part of the LGBT community, let me tell you it's an AMAZING feeling to be represented by your favourite band! the message of the song is LOVE. no buts.

Same
  3. I personally don't go telling people to be gay.
    I just want to kiss or hug my boyfriend without people frowning or without fearing for my safety, for a better place for us and our many friends who just want to be accepted.

I love how U2 has always been supportive of the LGBTI community and of every person in general. This kind of acts make you happy, even if it's just for a second. And I thank them for that
  4. The video is what it is, which is fine, as long as the song doesn't become some kind of activism song during shows. I enjoy this one.
  5. I didn't mean to offend any one, I'm sorry. Its just I was expecting a video about his childeren because the song is about them, thats all. No hate, love you all!
  6. The song belongs to U2 and they can do what they want with it. If they choose to celebrate all kinds of LOVE (which would make all the sense given the song's title and theme) then I'm all for it.
  7. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I didn't mean to offend any one, I'm sorry. Its just I was expecting a video about his childeren because the song is about them, thats all. No hate, love you all!
    What if some of their children are gay/lesbian and they're being bullied at school/uni for it?
  8. great song and great theme for the clip!
  9. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I didn't mean to offend any one, I'm sorry. Its just I was expecting a video about his childeren because the song is about them, thats all. No hate, love you all!
    The initial comment you made didn’t seem hateful or anything but a little ‘follow the crowd’ type of remark. I’m not having a go, you apologised but based on all the things I remember you posting in the past I was surprised to see you had this view.
  10. Originally posted by thefly108:The video is what it is, which is fine, as long as the song doesn't become some kind of activism song during shows. I enjoy this one.
    It already is an actisvism song? Listen to it. It’s classic U2 activism spreading a message of inclusion and unity.
  11. Themes and activism aren't the same IMO. I see the song as more thematic.
  12. +1, for once (lately) I agree with you