1. For anyone who has the digital booklet: does Bono explain why this song is titled "13" besides it being the 13th track? Or anyone hear anything about this decision? Curious why they didn't just call it "There is a Light."
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:For anyone who has the digital booklet: does Bono explain why this song is titled "13" besides it being the 13th track? Or anyone hear anything about this decision? Curious why they didn't just call it "There is a Light."
    I don't know what you're talking about.

This song is titled There Is a Light.
  3. Originally posted by bpt3:For anyone who has the digital booklet: does Bono explain why this song is titled "13" besides it being the 13th track? Or anyone hear anything about this decision? Curious why they didn't just call it "There is a Light."
    Someone mentioned that it could be the number of children the band members have between them.
  4. Sergio did the math and it's actually 14 (Adam has 2).
  5. Ah, I didn’t know Adam had 2 children. That does make it a bit of a mystery then, you’d think there has to be some meaning to it.
  6. I do believe you're mistaken, sir.

The name of the song is just There Is A Light, like the good Lord intended; obviously our Irish friends wouldn't do something as stupid as call a song "13", so I encourage you to stop spreading such lies.

7. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I do believe you're mistaken, sir.

The name of the song is just There Is A Light, like the good Lord intended; obviously our Irish friends wouldn't do something as stupid as call a song "13", so I encourage you to stop spreading such lies.

Haha. That's why I'm sure there has to be an actual reason for it, just mystified as to what that is. I'm fine with referring to it as "There Is a Light" until we know, though.
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I do believe you're mistaken, sir.

Lol, I’m with you now. As bpt3 says though it only adds to my belief there is some true meaning behind it otherwise you’re right it would be a little daft. It would have been cooler if they’d called it 14 there is a light to represent the number of kids whilst still having it as track 13.
  9. It's not Psalm 13, that's the first thing I checked. (Unless you give it a try to play lots of mental gymnastics to make a connection between the palm and the album; but definitely it's not Forty).

My second theory was that it was written when his kid was 13 years old, that would've been 3 years ago iirc, but even then it wouldn't make much sense.

I think it was Palaeo who suggested 13 as a bad luck or fateful number, but again it would sound silly to me.
  10. I think I got it: