1. Am I the only one that prefers SFS?
  2. this sing is so well done and beautful. it is a percect closer. makes me bit of sad though, SFS is more uplifting, this song is drenched in melancholy.
  3. Originally posted by parzival:this sing is so well done and beautful. it is a percect closer. makes me bit of sad though, SFS is more uplifting, this song is drenched in melancholy.
    It's a perfect conclusion for me... as if it's saying: see, all this we talked about, all the joy and love that cannot be stopped and can bring light to the blackout - it's all there, but don't forget that there is darkness too, don't doubt it, cause it surrounds the light - so don't let the light go out
  4. Originally posted by Ali709:[..]
    It's a perfect conclusion for me... as if it's saying: see, all this we talked about, all the joy and love that cannot be stopped and can bring light to the blackout - it's all there, but don't forget that there is darkness too, don't doubt it, cause it surrounds the light - so don't let the light go out
  5. 13 is good... not great but good... much much better than SFS
  6. In the top 5 for me on SOE...might even climb into top 3, eventually. As others have said, just a perfect meditative closer.

One of my favorite moments on the whole album:
    "I know the world is done
    But you don't have to be
    I've got a question for the child in you before it leaves
    Are you tough enough to be kind?
    Do you know your heart has its own mind?
    Darkness gathers around the light
    Hold on
    Hold on..."

The "are you tough enough to be kind" part made me cry listening to it last night...with three little girls of my own now, this just hits home so much for me, as I want to see them grow up loving other people unconditionally like this song so gently expresses, no matter the darkness.
  7. An unnecessary song if you ask me. We have heard this before. Altough not a bad somg
  8. Unnecessary and dare I say it boring closer to the album.
  9. The real closer is Book of your heart.
  10. Listening to Song for Someone from i+e at California and during the climax of the song Bono sings, "this is a song for someone like me." Guess they had that lyric in mind for a while.