1. Thanks for the info. I still take that longer cut, even if it's fan made. The idea is that I put a mix of Walk On with the Hallelujahs in my alternative album.
  2. The alternate Rattle & Hum looks great. I'm definitely going to work those songs into a playlist and give it a listen later.

Other than RAH, HTDAAB and Pop are the only albums I think I could possibly rework. Pop, I already swap in the single version of Please, so there's a starting point. Maybe I'll try working something else out and post it here.
  3. I couldn't resist and I already have my alternative SOE album. I had to let go of the "Happy Meal section" of Best Thing-GOOYOW and American Soul. It is only 10 songs, but as it is it could be one of my favorite albums

1. Love Is All We Have Left.
    2. Lights of Home
    3. Blackout (this belongs to side 1)
    4. Summer of Love
    5. Red Flag Day
    6. Book Of Your Heart
    7. The Little Things That Give You Away
    8. Landlady
    9. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
    10. 13 (There Is A Light)

You could throw in Ordinary Love (Extraordinary Mix) if you think it's too short.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I couldn't resist and I already have my alternative SOE album. I had to let go of the "Happy Meal section" of Best Thing-GOOYOW and American Soul. It is only 10 songs, but as it is it could be one of my favorite albums

2. Lights of Home
    4. Summer of Love
    5. Red Flag Day
    6. Book Of Your Heart
    8. Landlady

You could throw in Ordinary Love (Extraordinary Mix) if you think it's too short.
    if you had to put Best Thing and Own Way.. where would u put?
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:When I try to "fix" the albums, I only mess with the running order and try to avoid including b-sides or unreleased tracks (I use those to create whole albums)

Here's my No Line On The Horizon album:

[image]

Love opening with FEZ.
    I wanted to break MOS/UC (great songs but waaaaay too long and slow, it kills the mood for me)
    I like Crazy Tonight as a bridge between the first amazing act, and the Boots/SUC combo, which I actually like it in this position of the tracklist.
    Magnificent between WAS and COL works great for me.

Wow, that looks like an amazing playlist order for NLOTH, I'm gonna have try that.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I couldn't resist and I already have my alternative SOE album. I had to let go of the "Happy Meal section" of Best Thing-GOOYOW and American Soul. It is only 10 songs, but as it is it could be one of my favorite albums

2. Lights of Home
    4. Summer of Love
    5. Red Flag Day
    6. Book Of Your Heart
    8. Landlady

I think Soon and Winter would fit in nicely. Definitely agree on discarding Best Thing, GOOYOW, and American Soul. I could even do without Blackout.
  7. Originally posted by Adamaok:[..]
    I think Soon and Winter would fit in nicely. Definitely agree on discarding Best Thing, GOOYOW, and American Soul. I could even do without Blackout.
    Snap...they all seem woefully out of place on this album
  8. Originally posted by Adamaok:[..]
    I've got used to Best Thing and I love Blackout... GOOYOW will be probably always my least favourite from the album and American Soul... will see
  9. Today I did something real similar and messed with SOI to make a thematically consistent double album that I could listen to. I wanted to make both albums match a little more (better) in their tracklistings and tie the reprises of SOE back with the original songs in SOI. So here's an SOI that's more complimentary to SOE:

1. The Troubles (a meditative intro to match LIAWHL)
    2. Invisible
    3. Every Breaking Wave
    4. California (There is No End To Love)
    5. Volcano (now American Soul and this are both Track 5)
    6. Iris (Hold Me Close)
    7. Cedarwood Road
    8. Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
    9. Lucifer's Hands (replaced Raised By Wolves for tonal consistency)
    10. Winter (Bono taking the point of view of a 20 something really fits the theme of this album)
    11. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now (soldier theme segues nicely from Winter)
    12. Ordinary Love (pick whatever version you prefer)
    13. Song For Someone (connection with 13)

After listening to this and then playing SOE, it really struck me that this album is now the somber, darker brother of SOE and really made both albums together that much more impactful.

Also to those of you editing SOE before its even been released, is nothing sacred anymore?
  10. Alternative Achtung Baby, no new tracks, just a new order.

Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better Than the Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Until the End of the World
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
    So Cruel
    Ultra Violet
    Acrobat
    Love is Blindness

This is the only way I can listen to this album.
  11. Originally posted by ASortOfDesire:Alternative Achtung Baby, no new tracks, just a new order.

Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better Than the Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Until the End of the World
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
    So Cruel
    Ultra Violet
    Acrobat
    Love is Blindness

This is the only way I can listen to this album.
    the zooTV approach