1. Very cool! I'm intrigued by Kindergarten Boy. What recording are An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, IWF, and Electric Co from?
  2. Hmm. . . looks like we don't have that bootleg here.

Where do the other tracks from Kindergarten Boy come from? I'm intrigued by this idea.
  3. Originally posted by Faceman2000:Hmm. . . looks like we don't have that bootleg here.

Where do the other tracks from Kindergarten Boy come from? I'm intrigued by this idea.
    It is in here, it's just that the dates of most early shows are messed up (I reported it a few weeks ago).

in here it appears as September 29:
    http://www.u2start.com/shows/10/

For the rest of the songs, look for them on the "various dates" section.
  4. Alternative ATYCLB:
    1. Elevation
    2. Beautiful Day
    3. Stuck
    4. Walk On (Hallelujah Remix)
    5. Kite
    6. In A Little While
    7. Wild Honey
    8. Summer Rain
    9. New York
    10. When I Look At The World
    11. The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Now that U2 is looking for pop, feel-good songs, I don't think they can top the 2000s for that. Nothing more pop and uplifting that Summer Rain, I can't believe they didn't put this in the album. A combo of Wild Honey to sing out loud in your car. Then TGBHF should had been there since the beginning. You can swap the order of Walk On with TGBHF to end the album with the Hallelujah's like in the Elevation tour.
  5. Is that hallelujah remix available? I don't think I've heard it (maybe because usually I tend to ignore anything with remix in its last name)
  6. Yes, from the Walk On Single. It is not a remix, but a longer cut closer to the live version, with the Hallelujahs.
    There's a Hallelujah Mix of 4 minutes and there's this beauty:

of 5 and a half. I can't remember if it's in a fruitleg.
  7. Edit: It was released as a promotional CD
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Ok, this one is a bit tricky...

I present you Dawn, the one album I've been obsessing for the last few weeks, listening over and over again.

Released between 1978 and 1980, this album contains 12 tracks recorded before the Boy album.
    I really love this period and I do love most of these songs.

The album is bookended with two instrumental tracks: Speed of Life as the opener, and Things to Make and Do as the closer.

I particularly enjoy the first act, with 11 O'Clock, The Fool, False Prophet and LOADP, which are my favorite tracks of the whole pre-boy era (along with Pete The Chop, of which sadly we don't have a studio recording).

I would've (slightly) preferred to have Trevor instead of Touch, but the recording of Trevor is lacking.
    However Touch is great anyway, and then the Street Missions + Boy/Girl combo picks up the energy.
    Alone In The Light starts some sort of an encore of the album, joined by The Dream Is Over and Another Day.

[image]

[image]

*Boy/Girl and Another Day are from their original recording sessions. Those raw versions fit way better into this album than the remastered/whatever versions in following releases.

*I know that I'm missing Tonight, Inside Out and Jack in a Box; I wanted to keep them, specially Jack, but sadly those demos are way too short and not of the best quality, so the album works better without them. They'll be in a different one.

---

Now... the tricky part...

That's one album.

But that one comes with its companion, Kindergarten Boy:

[image]
    *I Will Follow, Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, and Into The Heart, from the Live at the BBC session.

*I actually prefer the "demo" versions of Into The Heart, Electric Co, and Shadows And Tall Trees over their album counterparts. Totally love them.

Speaking of which, that's the only instance that I know of, when you can get the feeling that An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart are two different songs, and ITH is awesome by itself...
    ...because of that, I thought that breaking that eternal duo would work better and I think it did. That's why I made a different track order.
    Imho, Into The Heart works great as an opener, the wonderful original Shadows works better more upfront, and closing with the high energy of Electric Co + I Will Follow works pretty good.

---

BUT I also have 3 different "mini-albums" with those (and other) tracks:

Here's 1978:
    [image]

Here's 1979:
    [image]

And, here's 1980:
    [image]

*Out of Control is from a 1979 session, but we know it was around since 1978, so I decided to include it in that mini-album.

---

Sorry for the long post, but I seriously totally love this period.

Also, if I'm missing a demo/song from this period, please let me know.

you are killing me, because here we cant ask for official stuff to download
  9. Unless U2songs is wrong, I think it's gotta be a mashup of the original and the four minute Hallelujah mix. They don't have a five and a half minute version listed.