1. recording will be broadcasted on BBC
  2. It's been 2 days already! C'mon tapers where are you? Where is our recording?!?!?!?!

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    #facepalm

3. Lol Nope, not for me. File under 'Guitars are Always Better' next to Every Breaking Wave.
  4. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    Amen. With the exception of NYD and October, pianos have no business tinkling around on U2 songs. And orchestras, don't get me started on orchestras...

What?
    Well, ok, Miss Sarajevo and Lemon... but other than NYD, October, Miss Sarajevo, and Lemon, pianos and orchestras have no business around U2 songs! Oh, obviously the Unforgettable Fire, the Unforgettable Fire goes without saying, but besides NYD, October, Miss Sarajevo, Lemon, and Unforgettable Fire, no pianos or orchestras!! Yeah, yeah, all right, fair enough... NYD, October, Miss Sarajevo, Unforgettable Fire, Lemon, EBW, HMTMKMKM...
    Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    ...the end-of-movie version of Hands that Built America is cool too. All I want is You is ok.
    Lemon has what I think is a cello or keyboard cello. So does Dirty Day. I like cellos.
    But this recording live session pianoish orchestra versions of great rocks tunes must stop.
    Oh, Species... shut up!!!

5. Kite and One Tree Hill also strings.
  6. Boomerang was snippeted.
  7. I expected they would do something with "beautiful ghost, introduction to songs of experience"..nehhh didn't expect it, I hoped it was the opener on the album
  8. thanks Alvin

9. For Sydney, Aus my money is on the Roxy in Parramatta.
  10. Originally posted by mrkdffy:Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

30 + Orchestra and 10 or so choir. Some songs the orchestra simply complimented ( one, aiwiy,) others triggered an interesting re-work (ytbtam).

Spotted Paul McGuinness, Gavin Friday, Cillian Murphy but didn’t see the rumoured Noel Gallagher

Ended with 1 hour interview of the band with Cat Deeley

Spoke (and got autographs) with Bono and The Edge. Bono told me there will be a Scottish gig as part of 2018 tour this time but he couldn’t remember venue!

First time I’ve ever spoken to any of the band in 30 years of gig attending.

Wonderful night

This is fantastic news. Congrats on a cracking night and meeting B + E. exiting news. I hope they play Wales and Northern Ireland as well.
  11. Originally posted by mrkdffy:Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

30 + Orchestra and 10 or so choir. Some songs the orchestra simply complimented ( one, aiwiy,) others triggered an interesting re-work (ytbtam).

Spotted Paul McGuinness, Gavin Friday, Cillian Murphy but didn’t see the rumoured Noel Gallagher

Spoke (and got autographs) with Bono and The Edge. Bono told me there will be a Scottish gig as part of 2018 tour this time but he couldn’t remember venue!

Wonderful night

Amazing stuff! So happy about the Scottish gig! So excited for that!
  12. Originally posted by mrkdffy:Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

Wonderful night

Amazing stuff! So happy about the Scottish gig! So excited for that!