1. Originally posted by luv4U2boysNo one probably agrees, but I really don't enjoy Miss Sarajevo.

I don't either. Hey, why don't you introduce yourself? Do it HERE
  2. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2

Trash, Trampoline...

That was horrific on Best of 80-90 B-sides. Really really awful.

I have to strongly disagree with this. I always wanted to know what U2 would sound like if they would end up as a new romantic synth-pop band...and this track showed it well. It was a great idea to record a song in this style IMHO.

As for worst song...I usually skip WOWY because of the massive overplay, Fire of course (simply bad), and some tracks on HTDAAB, that is not their best album to say the least.
  3. for me it's numb, just don't like the sound of it.
  4. Originally posted by walkonfor me it's numb, just don't like the sound of it.

I have the same opinion But I think it would be much more interesting to discuss about best U2 song

P.S. I am listening to Zooropa right now and...Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car is much better live (e.g. performance of this song on ZooTV Sydney is much better than the studio version, which is a bit boring...).
  5. Originally posted by yuri31[..]
    I have the same opinion But I think it would be much more interesting to discuss about best U2 song

P.S. I am listening to Zooropa right now and...Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car is much better live (e.g. performance of this song on ZooTV Sydney is much better than the studio version, which is a bit boring...).

i agree with you, the live version of daddy's.. is much better live. i can say it allmost about every u2 song, the live versions usually are much better than the album ones. it's harder to discuss about the best song, there are so many and i cant decide

6. I say: One.
    Yes i know everybody loves that song.
    But i can not suffer it, cause all persons always says: ohhhh, One is my favourite song, yeah magic u2, great u2, mythical u2! ohhhh one, yes one!
    and when you ask: do you know somwthing else, or something in general, about u2 music?

they answer: ohhhh, one is a wonderful song, how much i like u2 music, one is so fantastic.

Please go over, and open your mind, find somethng a little bit less generic, and obvius, and try to discover the real innner u2 spirit.
    Or not?

it remains, among us, that one is a beautiful song, clear!
    But don'say it enough people, they will do it for you: ohhhhh one!

7. Originally posted by LaBellaBLu_2

I say: One.
    Yes i know everybody loves that song.
    But i can not suffer it, cause all persons always says: ohhhh, One is my favourite song, yeah magic u2, great u2, mitic u2! ohhhh one, yes one!
    and when you ask: do you know somwthing else, or something in general, about u2 music.
    they answer: ohhhh, one is a wonderful song, how much i like u2 music, one is so fantastic.

Please go over, and open your mind, find somethng a little bit less generic, and obvius, and try to discover the real innner u2 spirit.
    Or not?

it remains, among us, that one is a beautiful song, clear!
    But don'say it enough people, they will do it for you: ohhhhh one!

I don't like the song. There is something missing...at least someone else agrees!

Cracker avatar too.
  8. One is a song that I don't dislike. I don't know of a U2 songs that gets played out as quickly. O inly listen to it once every other month these days. And only if i'm actually listening to Achtung
  9. About my avatar i did not want to put on an icon to much rhetorical, so glorious and so celebrative, patetic!
    so i chose that crecer one, it looks funnny.

but i don't really know what you mean about: it is missing in something.
    explain!
    because it is a sentence messing of sense!
  10. Originally posted by LaBellaBLu_2
    About my avatar i did not want to put on an icon to much rhetorical, like yours maybe, so glorious and so celebrative, patetic!
    so i chose that crecer one, it looks funnny..

about one, i sayd i don't like, it is so popular that it means nothing anymore.
    but i don't really know what you mean about: it is missing in something.
    explain!
    because it is a sentence messing of sense!

It's just missing the excitement and life that other U2 songs have. You know - songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday, songs like Where The Streets Have No Name...they're classics. One is just a song that's been done to help finish an album - and not the best by far. And now it's a bloody song about Africa and nothing else - what happened to the live emotion it used to have?
  11. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

what happened to the live emotion it used to have?

was it ever there? Definitely not after ZooTV and only at the odd concert in between. Overplayed
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

was it ever there? Definitely not after ZooTV and only at the odd concert in between. Overplayed

There is no emotion anymore in their shows. War and Joshua Tree had it, but not ZooTV / POPmart / Vertigo, but Elevation seemed to be very emotional.