1. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

There is no emotion anymore in their shows. War and Joshua Tree had it, but not ZooTV / POPmart / Vertigo, but Elevation seemed to be very emotional.

You could count U2's 'emotional' shows of the last 10 years on one hand. Elevation was very emotional. With the death of Bob and 9/11 coupled with those small arenas it had all the makings. Lots of great DVD's to
  2. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

It's just missing the excitement and life that other U2 songs have. You know - songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday, songs like Where The Streets Have No Name...they're classics. One is just a song that's been done to help finish an album - and not the best by far. And now it's a bloody song about Africa and nothing else - what happened to the live emotion it used to have?

Funny that you mention Streets as a song full of excitement and life. I'd describe that one the same way you described One.
  3. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Funny that you mention Streets as a song full of excitement and life. I'd describe that one the same way you described One.

on the Vertigo tour only i'd say. It's been spot on during every other your. They murdered it on the big V
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

on the Vertigo tour only i'd say. It's been spot on during every other your. They murdered it on the big V

For me the song was dead after JT. The light effect is still cool, but doesn't save it.
    One was great during ZooTV, especially at the german shows after the riots, after that it went downhill, too.
  5. Originally posted by yeah[..]

For me the song was dead after JT. The light effect is still cool, but doesn't save it.
    One was great during ZooTV, especially at the german shows after the riots, after that it went downhill, too.

The lights do save it for me. It was great with that shortened intro during ZooTV but musically it was at it's best during Elevation. Edge and Dallas had it sounding perfect. JT performances don't do it for me. The intro was way too long and I didn't like Edge's guitar sound he had going on. Not enough delay or 'chime' going on. But it was full of sheer raw power. World In Action says it all about JT performances. Awesome but not my favorite
  6. Journey of Equality, One Campaign, Make Poverty History...Bono shouldn't use those words on the next tour. Just stick to plain Rock N' Roll...
  7. Originally posted by yeah[..]

How can you define strees as a song with no life inside?
    Streets it is not an abused song, like One is, instead.
    Streets has a "life increase" inside with that memorable and mitical video on the top of the bulding....

I think u2 after their "commercial change style", they lost that strongness of sound we spoke about, i meant to speak about.
    One song with mary j blige, or however she is called, it is a pure peace of global trash!

8. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

There is no emotion anymore in their shows. War and Joshua Tree had it, but not ZooTV / POPmart / Vertigo, but Elevation seemed to be very emotional.

I agree with the firse part...
    but i do not about Elevation.
  9. Originally posted by MWSAHJourney of Equality, One Campaign, Make Poverty History...Bono shouldn't use those words on the next tour. Just stick to plain Rock N' Roll...

and I must get my butler to wax my priceless collection of Ferraris.
  10. Originally posted by LaBellaBLu_2[..]

How can you define strees as a song with no life inside?
    Streets it is not an abused song, like One is, instead.
    Streets has a "life increase" inside with that memorable and mitical video on the top of the bulding....

How can you define One as a song with no life inside?
    One is not an abused song like Streets is, instead.
    One has saved U2 and the 3 videos are mythical.

It's all subjective.
  11. Originally posted by yeah

It's all subjective.

i am really sorry, but this concept does not mean anything.
    it is like to say: what do we talk for, it is all subjective.
  12. Originally posted by LaBellaBLu_2[..]

i am really sorry, but this concept does not mean anything.
    it is like to say: what do we talk for, it is all subjective.

Sorry, but that's the way it is. There is no right or wrong in this topic. It's just a matter of taste.

And to contribute something to the topic:
    Worst songs are easily Stuck and Crumbs.