1. Problem the most powerful snippet to my memory.
  2. Originally posted by u2roolz:My claim to U2 snippet fame is for identifying a snippet during a Beautiful Day intro in Chicago on the 360 tour. I downloaded the boot right away because I was excited that Foxboro was up next. I heard Bono sing “far, far away from the city lights. Kissing right on the CTA”. Holy shit! Bono is singing a Wilco song right in Chicago! Bono knows who my other favorite band is?! Sent Axver a message to let him know.

It’s possible that the snippets listed are geographically specific. Or it’s just Bono going off and making it up on the spot.

Geographic snippets are quite common. It's possible that Bono likes Wilco and he often sings a local song. People's hearts really rise when he does that especially in remote places such as Oz/NZ.

There are other types of snippets that l will delve into one day in an essay called, 'The theory of the snippet'.

U2gigs often rejected my snippet suggestions. It felt like how China doesn't acknowledge the existence of Taiwan.
  3. I don't like how U2gigs are gatekeepers when it comes to snippets. I don't understand why they refuse some submissions.
  4. This is a beautiful snippet, Elvis Presley & America...but what Bono said at 6:54 before..."And the rain keeps on coming"???
  5. When was the longest and/or last "Come On Down..." snippet/improv?
  6. Agreed. I remember submitting on Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses live from Hawaii 2006, while Edge is figuring out the chords Bono jokingly sings “‘Out here in the streets!’ Oh that’s where we ripped it off from, ooookay” that’s very clearly a reference to the intro to Baba O’Riley by The Who “Out here in the fields!” The Edge was playing similar chords and I think it was just a joke by Bono.

Anyway, I got some lame excuse how it didn’t count and I’m sitting here like “..... but you snippeted Ultraviolet before If God Will Send His Angels....”
  7. I think it’s ridiculous that California is listed as a snippet in so many Streets performances