1. Originally posted by Keeb13r:While I knew the whole thing was pre-recorded, it doesn't look like any part of actual live performances of Atomic City were in the actually Grammys telecast (no white dinner jacket on Bono, no Las Vegas skyline on screen). It was mostly montages of other songs and soundcheck closeups.
    I'm cool with it .. middle of the road song and they are in a weird ' busy but In-between albums ' period.

So let's play it chill and when they have an amazing newly nominated album for next years awards let's go and kick asses with a live performance and a few wins!

Well a man can dream.
  2. I'm surprised I can't find the whole performance on youtube yet

3. LOL.
    Stop worrying about trolls. You forget the huge praise for Sphere.

4. Biggest release of all time and a bunch of U2 albums in the charts later. Followed by praise for yet another awesome stage design.
  5. Originally posted by muzika:[..]

Biggest release of all time and a bunch of U2 albums in the charts later. Followed by praise for yet another awesome stage design.
    I made a post a month or so back saying the Sphere gigs were the best thing U2 had done since HTDAAB.

Financially The Sphere gigs have been a massive success.

The tech was so groundbreaking that it managed to capture the short attention spans of the younger 'YouTube / TikTok' crowd who now know who U2 are.

They may have even won a few new younger fans.

You can see why they took these gigs on in lew of Larry. It was a no brainer.

U2 will forever be associated with the Sphere and that's a good thing.
  6. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:[..]
    Not mine , I always thought the unplugged albums where more a 'lightning in a bottle' moment in the music industry. I didn't dig them and I am glad while everyone was unplugging, U2 plugged back in.

Very true. I think I came across in my post that I liked all of these "stripped down" albums like MTV Unplugged/SOS. Although I didn't hate those types of albums, I rarely go back to them. When I stated "my time," I was just referring to greats like Nirvana and Pearl Jam - and a "plugged in" U2, of course - and how I think Clapton robbed them (of a Grammy they probably don't really care about).
  7. What happens when the spheres resolution is outdated in a few years? Will the led panels be replaced every few years to keep up with tech?