1. U2 are better than all the artists that performed last night, like please don’t ever compare U2 to Snoop Dogg
  2. The D O Double G?
  3. Snoop is better than U2
  4. Doggystyle and The Chronic were released in the early 90s. NWA’s heyday was 1987-1991.
  5. Anyone can rap? I’d love to hear some of your guys’ attempts at it. I’ve tried it myself and it is very, very difficult to have the flow necessary to make it sound good.
  6. Originally posted by Release3:Anyone can rap? I’d love to hear some of your guys’ attempts at it. I’ve tried it myself and it is very, very difficult to have the flow necessary to make it sound good.
    Yep I laughed at the comment that said anyone can rap.
  7. Originally posted by ap5:The halftime show was pre-ordained by NBC and the social media zeitgeist to be “one of, if not the, best ever” before it even occurred. Barring a literal breakdown of the show it was going to be largely praised in the media. It was the anti-Coldplay / Maroon 5 halftime show reception.

That said, whether anyone individually liked the musical genre or not, it was unquestionably a change of pace for the stodgy NFL and a relative corporate cultural breakthrough.

It was not particularly music that I am personal a fan of, but the production value was high, the performances were top notch and for a whole lot of people these were the legends of their musical youth. Well done NFL on giving rap and hip hop an opportunity to shine.

I went to upvote you on this post but forgot that we don't have that feature (nor should we).
    Regardless, well stated.

8. No matter what you feel of the art form, it was all lip synched. U2 may use a lot of backing tapes, but they are all performing. Michael Jackson is one of my favorite artists ever, but his Super Bowl performance was also lip synched, so I rate that very low. Prince is by far my favorite artist, and his was live, and was the second best one. U2's was better. And a bunch of rappers lip synching is not a performance. I'm partial to 1980's rap, but it has to at least be live vocals to even count as a real performance for me.
  9. How was it all lip synched? There's literally a part where 50 fluffs his lines and you can hear the song mess up. You're confusing lip synching with performing over backing tapes which is very common in hip hop. They also tend to have another MC on stage to help perform the songs, which they didn't have here.
  10. Did you even watch the performance? Dre, Snoop, Kendrick were not lip syncing
  11. Blige and 50 were clearly not lip syncing either. Em was performing over a backing track.
  12. Bruce vocals aside, even the E-Street Band ‘mimed’ to backing tracks during their Super Bowl performance. It’s show business; smoke and mirrors!