Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Educated Predictions (yeah I know it's the wrong thread.)

Rarities
    Kite
    Discotheque
    Wild Horses

Never-Played
    Acrobat
    The Playboy Mansion with updated lyrics
    Drowning Man

Reasoning
    -I know the rumors that Larry would retire after this tour are probably garbage, but for some reason I could see them finally breaking out Acrobat. They're running out of time to do it. After handling an album in full, undoubtedly testing their arrangement skills etc., they could be ready to tackle it.

-There is no way they play The Playboy Mansion with the lyrics that are on the record. They're way too "crafty" for that, and since its about pop culture, expect references to Trump, the Kardashians, etc.

-I don't really know if Kite is a "rarity" after getting played every night of one tour, and then a few times on the Vertigo tour immediately following, but it not having seen the light of day since '06 ought to qualify it. This is such an "experience" themed song, I think it would fit right into their encore. Could even close the show. (I think I had it on my initial setlist prediction way back when)

I also stand by them not playing anything off of Innocence. With rarities, never-befores, hits, and new songs, there just isn't a lot of room.
  2. Kite might fit in with the Bono nearly died theme.
  3. They seem reluctant to take chances anymore which is a shame as that was what made this band so special all those years ago
  4. Originally posted by MattG:Educated Predictions (yeah I know it's the wrong thread.)

Rarities
    Kite
    Discotheque
    Wild Horses

Never-Played
    Acrobat
    The Playboy Mansion with updated lyrics
    Drowning Man

Reasoning
    -I know the rumors that Larry would retire after this tour are probably garbage, but for some reason I could see them finally breaking out Acrobat. They're running out of time to do it. After handling an album in full, undoubtedly testing their arrangement skills etc., they could be ready to tackle it.

-There is no way they play The Playboy Mansion with the lyrics that are on the record. They're way too "crafty" for that, and since its about pop culture, expect references to Trump, the Kardashians, etc.

-I don't really know if Kite is a "rarity" after getting played every night of one tour, and then a few times on the Vertigo tour immediately following, but it not having seen the light of day since '06 ought to qualify it. This is such an "experience" themed song, I think it would fit right into their encore. Could even close the show. (I think I had it on my initial setlist prediction way back when)

I also stand by them not playing anything off of Innocence. With rarities, never-befores, hits, and new songs, there just isn't a lot of room.
    So you think they won't play SOI or is that just what you want? I would be shocked if they excluded SOI but would be totally fine with it.
  5. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    So you think they won't play SOI or is that just what you want? I would be shocked if they excluded SOI but would be totally fine with it.
    I really don't think they're going to, and I don't need them to. Not their strongest songs. Make room for others.
  6. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    I really don't think they're going to, and I don't need them to. Not their strongest songs. Make room for others.
    I don’t think they will either. I’m not sure I’d agree with the “not their strongest songs” statement though. I have still yet to rank the album in the discography and I guess it is time to do so since we have a new one out!

I still think Every Breaking Wave (both versions) can stand up against their best work.
  7. I guess I just have a hard time imagining a song from the SOI album/tour making regular appearances in future tours, so I'm hoping they don't just throw them in the SOE set for thematic reasons.

If I'm sitting here thinking about songs I wish they'd play, it takes me awhile before my brain gets to anything from SOI. EBW isn't bad by any stretch, just not anything I'd be hankering to hear at any U2 gig.
  8. is kinda obvious that they will play Song for Someone or Every Breaking Wave... neither in 360º Tour they abandoned the NLOTH songs
  9. I'm ready for anything they are willing to play...
  10. If the Augmented Reality means that we will each be issued with some kind of special headset to watch the show through it would explain the rather expensive ticket prices.
  11. wonder how long before a band offers virtual tickets to their shows.

you pay a fee, then sit at home with your VR headset on and headphones in to watch the concert.

like something out of Black Mirror