Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:I guess the band will be in Tulsa very soon though? You’d think even with the time in Laval that the week prior to the show would still be pretty intense just making sure they’re happy with everything.
    I think we could have rehearsals tonight if I am not mistaken?
  2. I hope so anyway, looking forward to seeing if the band have got anything else up there sleeves prior to opening night.
  3. Yeah, I predicted that rehearsals would restart (to our knowledge anyway) tonight, or tomorrow night at the latest.

On the other hand, there were reports that the Tulsa arena is highly protected and listening to the rehearsals from the outside might be close to impossible for fans, so they might as well have started rehearsing already and we wouldn't know!
  4. am i the only one who doesnt care about the fact that iris-ueotw sequence is being played again? i was annoyed, but i dont care now really, everything else in the set will be most likely, different (except the hits)
  5. Aren't Judas Priest playing at the arena on the 26th ? No rehearsals until after then I don't think.
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]

Or, to borrow back from Zoo TV, this is like judo: using your “opponent’s” strength to your own advantage. If people will have phones out anyway, why not channel that technology into something cool to open the show? Nothing will ever be as blatant as flipping to a random TV station and letting whatever was on the air play while the band perform...yet they’ve pulled even those kinds of stunts 26 years ago.

Sad thing is it's not cool, or necessary
  7. Originally posted by Larlar:am i the only one who doesnt care about the fact that iris-ueotw sequence is being played again? i was annoyed, but i dont care now really, everything else in the set will be most likely, different (except the hits)
    I’m actually quite happy about it, I don’t need to hear SBS again but apart from that I think they’re all great songs and songs I’m excited to hear again live, I’m fine with the same visuals as well.
  8. Add me to the disappointed list that we're hearing the same sequence from IE. With that spectacular screen, I was waiting for the "what will they do next!!" moment. Now I know. Might as well pop in the blu ray and save myself $600.
  9. like i get why people are disappointed about the sequence coming back, same visuals and all, but are we forgetting the other songs that will be played? at this point, we might as well bring back the miracle as the opener and bring back invisible-real thing-mw to keep the comparison going. the sequence is 5 songs, not even that long. give it a chance opening night and see what happens.
  10. Originally posted by Larlar:like i get why people are disappointed about the sequence coming back, same visuals and all, but are we forgetting the other songs that will be played? at this point, we might as well bring back the miracle as the opener and bring back invisible-real thing-mw to keep the comparison going. the sequence is 5 songs, not even that long. give it a chance opening night and see what happens.
    I’m a little disappointed myself if it does end up being that same exact sequence - would love to see them keep those same SOI songs but spread out differently through the show, as others have mentioned.

But I also think you’re right - 5 songs out of 23-25 total isn’t that big of a deal, especially if they always envisioned this tour as a sequel from the get-go. And we still are a week away from knowing for sure either way.