Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. It was one tour with five legs.........
  2. people who doesn't understand that I+E Tour and E+I Tour name difference is merely commercial, if it were not for the delay to have released the SOE, and to have pitched a celebration tour of joshua tree would give to imagine very well other legs of the I+E tour filled with the theme of E+I.
  3. TJT30 is the core of the problem here. I said it from the beggining. That tour should never have existed in the first place.
  4. I do hope it isn't *substantially* the same show as IE for a number of reasons :

- It's four years since SOI ; not the 18 months between AB and Zooropa
    - It's three years between the start of IE and the start of EI
    - The band have toured Joshua Tree 30 for 3 legs and 50 shows inbetween
    - The EI tour is revisiting the same territories as IE : USA, *and* Europe
    - Zoomerang went to places Zoo TV never did : Aus, NZ, Japan, for example : invalid comparison
    - IE serviced a lot more dates than Zoo TV indoors (6 times more London shows than Zoo TV indoors, for example), so doing a reprise isn't a valid comparison either
    - The ticket prices have skyrocketed [insultingly so, to be honest], and to then have a show that is almost a carbon copy of the IE tour would be boring
    - The band need new ideas, and need to push SOE and those songs far more than the 80+ dates they have used to push SOI : repeating the second quarter of the show and the same six songs in a row from a tour three and a half years ago would be *boring*
  5. Spot on Mark Reed .
  6. I really think they're on their last big touring cycle. The jt 30 tour really enforces that idea. They made the huge dollars with the tour and they will with this one.

I don't think we'll hear from them for at least two years. And the idea of a zoo tv tour in 2021 wouldn't have any resonance. The edginess is all gone, Bono rubs elbows with the politicians he used to prank call.
  7. Originally posted by markreed:I do hope it isn't *substantially* the same show as IE for a number of reasons :

- It's four years since SOI ; not the 18 months between AB and Zooropa
    - It's three years between the start of IE and the start of EI
    - The band have toured Joshua Tree 30 for 3 legs and 50 shows inbetween
    - The EI tour is revisiting the same territories as IE : USA, *and* Europe
    - Zoomerang went to places Zoo TV never did : Aus, NZ, Japan, for example : invalid comparison
    - IE serviced a lot more dates than Zoo TV indoors (6 times more London shows than Zoo TV indoors, for example), so doing a reprise isn't a valid comparison either
    - The ticket prices have skyrocketed [insultingly so, to be honest], and to then have a show that is almost a carbon copy of the IE tour would be boring
    - The band need new ideas, and need to push SOE and those songs far more than the 80+ dates they have used to push SOI : repeating the second quarter of the show and the same six songs in a row from a tour three and a half years ago would be *boring*
    Perhaps they're just "reapplying for the OLD job" again,lol.
  8. Haha!! I still find it funny how there are multiple large Joshua trees on the flat where the cover photo was taken (including the stub tree visible in the original photos, which is now about fifteen feet tall), and they didn't use any of them.