Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Was party girl ever rehearsed though or was that just an on the spot decision to play it? It’s amazing what a couple of runs though a song can do. I wonder how long it would take them to get a song like a day without me right, or surrender.
  2. Party Girl has just three chords LOL...I'd hope they wouldn't need a day to rehearse it
  3. Lyrics though, I’d imagine if it was planned they would be on the auto queue (is that the right name for the little screens at there feet?). But if they spontaneously play it then bono would have to remember lyrics and he could end up jumping to the wrong bit of the song or something, just simple things like that which literally a few rehearsals and preparation would sort out.
  4. Yeah, I can see that. I'd think they could queue up any lyrics and IEM tracks on the fly, who knows. Three or five years between playing a particular song can make it rusty
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:Was party girl ever rehearsed though or was that just an on the spot decision to play it? It’s amazing what a couple of runs though a song can do. I wonder how long it would take them to get a song like a day without me right, or surrender.
    On the Vertigo tour in Chicago they did an impromptu very ragged version of Party Girl on May 9th. Next day they rehearsed it twice in soundcheck and played the regular version that night. They did not seem to have much of a problem with it in soundcheck.
  6. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    On the Vertigo tour in Chicago they did an impromptu very ragged version of Party Girl on May 9th. Next day they rehearsed it twice in soundcheck and played the regular version that night. They did not seem to have much of a problem with it in soundcheck.
    It sounds like a little bit of rehearsing made all the difference which kinda backs up what I was saying, admittedly certain songs would take a bit more time but I think the band are more than capable of learning 1 different song a show.
  7. any news about rehearsals?
  8. No.
  9. Ridiculous comment they are playing loads of new songs from SOE and SOI not many bands from their era if any are putting out new material let alone playing it live also songs that haven't seen the light of day for quite a while will get a run out and the tour hasn't even started yet so keep your uneducated comments zipped.
  10. These guys are to be commended on such a good performance. I am hoping that U2 themselves will play this on the forthcoming tour. To hear this would really make my night. The more i play this album the more this song just stands out for all sorts of reasons.
  11. I hope they don’t play ABOY its not bad but its a little boring would much rather hear something like Discothèque, Mofo, The Fly, Daddys gonna pay for your crashed car, god pt 2, or even get on your boots