Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    saying 'u2 is lazy as fuck' is pretty agressive and insulting as well and actually where the problem starts. Of course there's nothing wrong with a bit of positive critisism, but comments like that one have nothing to do with that and in fact Popmarter's reaction to that is not that far of the mark.
    There's a difference between criticizing U2 and attacking other members here.
  2. Would you not agree we have to draw a line though when it comes to the language we use about the band? At the end of the day they are still human beings and should be spoken about in at least a decent manner. If someone was to post a clip on this site of themselves performing with there band and I was to respond and say something like ‘that’s crap’, then that would rightly be deemed unacceptable, just because the members of u2 aren’t on here doesn’t mean they should be spoken about in a similarly unacceptable manner.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Would you not agree we have to draw a line though when it comes to the language we use about the band? At the end of the day they are still human beings and should be spoken about in at least a decent manner. If someone was to post a clip on this site of themselves performing with there band and I was to respond and say something like ‘that’s crap’, then that would rightly be deemed unacceptable, just because the members of u2 aren’t on here doesn’t mean they should be spoken about in a similarly unacceptable manner.
    Larry is on here
  4. Lol, well even more reason to be a bit more sensitive with words. Seriously though I’m not saying we need to always be overly polite but c’mon ‘lazy as fuck’? What about ‘the band don’t work hard enough’, something to that effect if that’s the opinion they want to get across, certain language is antagonising.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Would you not agree we have to draw a line though when it comes to the language we use about the band? At the end of the day they are still human beings and should be spoken about in at least a decent manner. If someone was to post a clip on this site of themselves performing with there band and I was to respond and say something like ‘that’s crap’, then that would rightly be deemed unacceptable, just because the members of u2 aren’t on here doesn’t mean they should be spoken about in a similarly unacceptable manner.
  6. I don’t know what that means but I’m sure you’re having a laugh at my expense. (All in good humour) I realise it comes across as overly defensive of the band but I think it’s a fair point to make. No big deal, just a point of view.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t know what that means but I’m sure you’re having a laugh at my expense. (All in good humour) I realise it comes across as overly defensive of the band but I think it’s a fair point to make. No big deal, just a point of view.
    It looks like a character from Runescape, a computer game from like 10 years ago. Why it would be posted I have no idea.
  8. You can find them in Falador
  9. I believe in any U2 forum people is going to say horrible things about the band. Things that will make us angry and offend us, but as long as it is just a difference of opinions about the band, that doesn't give us the right to call others "idiots" or "uneducated". If you don't like a critic, give a witty response or expose why the other argument is ridicule. By the way, mocking other users for their views is not cool either.
    Of course, bigotry, racism and other expressions of hate are not tolerated here either, even if they are disguised as opinions. That was not the case here, I'm just completing my point.
    Anyway, let's get back to rehearsals' gossip.
  10. I’m wishing we had some rehearsal gossip to get back to. I take it the band are in for a very busy few days though, I wonder if they’ve been rehearsing privately and have a few more songs to bring to full rehearsals.