Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. After watching the BBC special I think we all thought that Love Is Bigger would close the shows. I remember watching Love is Bigger from Lisbon and it was phenomenal - it further proved that it should have been the closer. I guess 13 was used to bring us back down to Earth.

2. I think this is precisely why the band didn't play it. I don't think it was a vocal or emotional problem as they played it a lot during JT17. I just think they only see Little Things as a closer, but were really set on using 13 instead, meaning there wasn't a place for it in the setlist.
  3. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

I think this is precisely why the band didn't play it. I don't think it was a vocal or emotional problem as they played it a lot during JT17. I just think they only see Little Things as a closer, but were really set on using 13 instead, meaning there wasn't a place for it in the setlist.
    That probably is the case. Bono said on TJT2017 tour that little things was the final song on the album so 13 was likely a late addition. As you say I think they seen 13 as the perfect way to wrap up not only the albums but the shows as well knocking little things out of the Setlist when it maybe would have been the E&I closer otherwise. I think it would have worked fine though after city of blinding lights before the encore, I don’t know why the band wouldn’t think so. Maybe they just didn’t feel the need to play it.
  4. Little Things hints should have been the encore opener for JT17, not Miss Sarajevo. They saw the audiences headed for the exits while they played Little Things last, and lost faith in the song. What did they think was going to happen when you pack a stadium full of casual fans? They don’t give a shit about a new, unreleased song... they want to get to their cars quickly and avoid the traffic.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahaha Little Things is a better song than 13 but it was even worse of a closer, because it was still unreleased by the time they played it! Not more than a handful of geek fans from the first rows knew the song.

Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's porbably the best closer combo ever, BUT if they did it all the time it would be boring and we'd complain anyway. It already happen in 2015 when they started doing it on every 4th night of the European leg: it just lost its magic.

the 2nd part also only applies to the geek fans you are talking about in the first part. The magic was still there in Cologne.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That probably is the case. Bono said on TJT2017 tour that little things was the final song on the album so 13 was likely a late addition. As you say I think they seen 13 as the perfect way to wrap up not only the albums but the shows as well knocking little things out of the Setlist when it maybe would have been the E&I closer otherwise. I think it would have worked fine though after city of blinding lights before the encore, I don’t know why the band wouldn’t think so. Maybe they just didn’t feel the need to play it.
    I don't think after COBL would have been a good spot, but yeah they defo could have fit in somewhere if they really wanted too. Maybe One > Little Things > Love is Bigger > 13.

I still would have loved it if they actually closed with The Miracle. If after 13 Bono doesn't leave the B stage, but the lights go dark and The Miracle remix starts to play over the PA whilst Bono sang the "Oooh" part. Then the band kicks into The Miracle from when the guitar part starts like in 2015.

Also on a completely unrelated note, wasn't there an article from LiveNation (or someone) before the tour saying the band were going to play a longer set than normal which would explain the 27 songs in Tulsa, and then the tour ends with a normal length 23 song setlist.

Damn. I actually really liked this tour lol.
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    I don't think after COBL would have been a good spot, but yeah they defo could have fit in somewhere if they really wanted too. Maybe One > Little Things > Love is Bigger > 13.

I still would have loved it if they actually closed with The Miracle. If after 13 Bono doesn't leave the B stage, but the lights go dark and The Miracle remix starts to play over the PA whilst Bono sang the "Oooh" part. Then the band kicks into The Miracle from when the guitar part starts like in 2015.

Also on a completely unrelated note, wasn't there an article from LiveNation (or someone) before the tour saying the band were going to play a longer set than normal which would explain the 27 songs in Tulsa, and then the tour ends with a normal length 23 song setlist.

Damn. I actually really liked this tour lol.
    It might have been rolling stone mentioning the longer setlist’s although I’m sure they would just point to the length of time played rather than number of songs. I actually preferred the 23 song Setlist we got in Berlin. I didn’t think I’d ever have said I’d take a u2 Setlist with 4 songs less when given the option but the song choices were just so much better. I still think the best would have been to keep the innocence songs in the set and have the Berlin songs. I don’t know how many more times they need to play vertigo and elevation, they dropped streets, WOWY and Bad so they can drop they 2.
  8. Ugh I would love to attend a U2 show where they don’t play BD, elevation or Vertigo. However, they will not be dropped because those were the last “RELEVANT” songs they released. They do work well live, and the casual fans love it... but I could really do without.
  9. Think Vertigo still works well in a live setting,they should maybe give the other 2 a time out on the next tour,or a least rotate with other songs.
  10. Originally posted by kezman:Think Vertigo still works well in a live setting,they should maybe give the other 2 a time out on the next tour,or a least rotate with other songs.
    I think the band will play more of a greatest hits show by the time the band is able to tour again; plus a 5 tracks off a new album
  11. Originally posted by podiumboy:Ugh I would love to attend a U2 show where they don’t play BD, elevation or Vertigo. However, they will not be dropped because those were the last “RELEVANT” songs they released. They do work well live, and the casual fans love it... but I could really do without.
    I've been to a U2 show in 2018 at which neither Vertigo nor Elevation have been played. In the end it turned out great, but initially I wished the show had been played in full.
  12. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    I've been to a U2 show in 2018 at which neither Vertigo nor Elevation have been played. In the end it turned out great, but initially I wished the show had been played in full.
    haha yeah and still you got the awful Beautiful Day which is worse than any of those 2