2018-05-02 - Tulsa
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 29
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. They should be playing Aus,NZ and Eastern Europe instead of the US they have a huge fan base there and have ignored them on the last couple of tours in favour of a more financial and geographically lucrative rewards.TJT tour had two legs in the US last year while Europe was vastily short changed & the ROW got blanked . if McGuinness was still in charge the fk up's since he left wouldn't have happened while some might blame Live Nation in the end the band decide and sign off on whatever ideas and plan's are presented to them.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    The US is a lot bigger than the Uk though so it’s no comparison. Tulsa has a population Of over 400,000 people. Good for the people who live there that probably expected to have to travel a bit to see a show prior to the announcement.

Not a dig at you deanallison, but my city has a population of 5 million people, & I'll be travelling for 24hrs to see a show! Those that live in smaller markets in the US should think themselves lucky, only having to fly for an hour or two to see a show.
  3. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

Not a dig at you deanallison, but my city has a population of 5 million people, & I'll be travelling for 24hrs to see a show! Those that live in smaller markets in the US should think themselves lucky, only having to fly for an hour or two to see a show.
    I know where you’re coming from and I agree it would be nice to see them playing Australia/ New Zealand again. I just meant that the comparison of it being the 47th biggest city in the states to the 47th biggest city/town in the UK isn’t a fair one, Oldham would have more problems selling tickets than Tulsa is my point. I do agree that between the states and Europe we have nothing to complain about in terms of travelling distance to shows I just think it’s cool that if they’re going to play the states and Europe that they try out some new places. Just because someone’s from a big city in Europe say doesn’t mean that a smaller city in Europe is less deserving.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:They should be playing Aus,NZ and Eastern Europe instead of the US they have a huge fan base there and have ignored them on the last couple of tours in favour of a more financial and geographically lucrative rewards.TJT tour had two legs in the US last year while Europe was vastily short changed & the ROW got blanked . if McGuinness was still in charge the fk up's since he left wouldn't have happened while some might blame Live Nation in the end the band decide and sign off on whatever ideas and plan's are presented to them.
    this
  5. I would put the apparent lack of Australia/New Zealand shows down to the fact they’ve been touring a lot lately. That sounds contradictory but timescale wise there was a big gap between shows in that part of the world between the popmart shows and vertigo tour shows. If they play there next year, and I know it’s a big if, then we’re talking a similar sort of timescale from the 360 shows they played there.
  6. Oldham has a population of 225,000 so I think it is a fair comparison
    Tulsa is a bizarre place to kick off a tour
  7. Originally posted by Timk68:Oldham has a population of 225,000 so I think it is a fair comparison
    Tulsa is a bizarre place to kick off a tour
    Thats close to half the number of Tulsa that’s a massive difference. Admittedly Tulsa wouldn’t have been the place being screamed out by folk as the tour opener but why not? It’s something different, the only thing that’s prevented good sales is the high ticket prices which isn’t exclusive to Tulsa in the US market it seems. I’m glad for the people that live there that are getting to go to a show nearby.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Thats close to half the number of Tulsa that’s a massive difference. Admittedly Tulsa wouldn’t have been the place being screamed out by folk as the tour opener but why not? It’s something different, the only thing that’s prevented good sales is the high ticket prices which isn’t exclusive to Tulsa in the US market it seems. I’m glad for the people that live there that are getting to go to a show nearby.
    +1. It's also a great chance for any fans that want to attend a tour opening night without ticket stress and in an unusual city out of the spotlights...

... if only getting there wasn't a complete nightmare
  9. It's all relative the US is 5 times the size of UK by population (325m vs 65m) so Oldham v Tulsa is an over generous comparison .
    If we did a more accurate comparison it would be like U2 launching a tour in Daventry .
  10. Originally posted by Timk68:It's all relative the US is 5 times the size of UK by population (325m vs 65m) so Oldham v Tulsa is an over generous comparison .
    If we did a more accurate comparison it would be like U2 launching a tour in Daventry .
    I'm already first in the GA queue for Daventry 2019. Whoever comes second, bring some coffee please!