2018-05-02 - Tulsa
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 29
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by Timk68:It's all relative the US is 5 times the size of UK by population (325m vs 65m) so Oldham v Tulsa is an over generous comparison .
    If we did a more accurate comparison it would be like U2 launching a tour in Daventry .
    I don’t think it’s about uk vs us though it’s about a location being big enough with a big enough venue also to hold the show. They’re playing in an arena that holds over 19000 people, where in Daventry has that? Glasgow for example has a bigger population than Tulsa yet the Hydro doesn’t even hold that so the venue probably has had a big bearing on this one. Although pricing might just prevent it seeing it full to capacity.
  2. This is what you get when you ask more than $300 for a ticket. U2, Ticketmaster/Livenation, whoever is responsible, went too far.
  3. Agreed, where Pop was a failure in the US due to more of a lack of interest in the album and high(er) ticket prices, E+I is so far is failing to sell out due to insanely high ticket prices and maybe a little bit of over-saturation.
  4. There are already rakes of Tulsa tickets going for about £25
  5. behind the stage yes, but any ticket with a decent view is high.
  6. Let's see how prices move over the next 4 weeks , bargains to be had but I wouldn't want to sit behind the stage

7. A few >$300 tix here and there, premium seats or premium GA – I can live with that. The problem is when greed takes over and most of the seats are $300.
  8. I can understand maybe £250 for Red Zone , but £300 for a standard seat on the side is a piss take
  9. The tour is starting in Tulsa because they are using the arena for rehearsal the week before the show. Rush did the same thing for its last tour.

I live less than a mile from the arena so I'm pretty stoked. I got GA so I'm feeling good. $300 for lower bowl and $170 for upper bowl is a lot to ask.
  10. Will be half empty