2018-05-04 - St. Louis
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    The business card at 1:02 reads "Wormwood and MacPhisto inc." which is interesting. I assume Wormwood is a reference to The Screwtape Letters
    Sure is. Wormwood is the apprentice to his uncle, a senior demon named Screwtape.
  2. Listening to the download as Im revising for an exam tomorrow.

Show starts of strong, then fades a bit through sbs > UTEOTW > HMTMKMKM > Elevation then picks up again at Vertigo.

The Ocean > Iris transition was amazing
  3. Full show
  4. Wow LOH on the IEM sounds awful.
  5. Listening now, really enjoying it x100 more than I was on the night via Periscope/Mixr but I guess the awesome sound quality has something to do with that

Sure there's a little bit sloppiness in their performance on that night at times but its not nearly anywhere near as bad as I recall it.

Thanks to GA Joe for taping and sharing and anyone else who may have helped in making this available.

Gonna be one of those great U2 years!
  6. Just finished listening to the IEM - this has not been an off- night, imho. Far from it. Compare this show to the afore-mentioned Vegas show in 1997 and you'll find one which show is the mother of all off-nights.
  7. Originally posted by Papo:Just finished listening to the IEM - this has not been an off- night, imho. Far from it. Compare this show to the afore-mentioned Vegas show in 1997 and you'll find one which show is the mother of all off-nights.
    Yeah Vegas was a rough opening night for sure, but as others have said throughout the course of the show as you can read in the thread, the show had quite a few musical hiccups throughout which seemed a bit painful at times when listening to the show live as it happened. Plus there were hitches with the screen apparently, by no means dreadful or anything imho at least, but definitely not U2 on their finest form either. I think the superb quality of the IEM can help detract from the mistakes going on rather than highlighting them.