2018-05-15 - Inglewood
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 4
  1. Lol of course we can't nix that...
  2. If Ali's in the house then we're going to get The Best Thing...
  3. Didn't get to post opinions of last night since I got home pretty late. Also I've been practically absent from the forums because I wanted to be spoiler free and my new job commute is a pain in the ass...

- All the SOE performances were fantastic, even acoustic You're the Best Thing although I would have preferred full electric.
    - I appreciated The Ocean leading into the Innocence set, but I was deeply bothered by Iris being cut short. The performance of Iris was one of the standout moments from the IE tour and this one felt very rushed.
    - Sunday Bloody Sunday needs a break. Pseudo electric didn't work for me before and it still doesn't work for me.
    - Intermission was pretty cool (I like the comic book style of storytelling), but introducing MacPhisto with Elevation and Vertigo is somewhat strange.
    - I heard the rumors of Acrobat, but damn that song is a live hit
    - Finally a Pop song, although a very safe one. Using it as a political vessel makes it risky, but to hell with people who don't like U2 bringing up politics.
    - America set was pretty cool
    - Encore would work incredibly well to end the show if the show had an actual climax (Streets). The current set format makes the encore seem flat. Definitely needs a strong rocker to add some energy.
    - Missing Streets like an addict. The way that intro makes your body physically respond is something this show definitely lacked.
    - 13 is up there with my favorite show closers. Both the musical and theatrical aspects of the performance were incredibly striking. Bringing the light bulb back really puts things into perspective considering IE shows started with the bulb.

Overall a very enjoyable show, but I think it was a little lazy in trying to connect with the Innocence Tour. Rather than transplant an entire segment from the Innocence Tour, I think they could have looked for other ways to present the same theme, maybe by pairing SOI songs with some we haven't seen yet to show how innocence isn't the same after experience.
  4. I don't understand why the solo for Best Thing is prerecorded.....
  5. Why should anything for Best Thing be prerecorded? It's acoustic.
  6. The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 16, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
    01 - Love is All We Have Left
    02 - The Blackout
    03 - Lights of Home
    04 - I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
    05 - All Because of You
    06 - Beautiful Day / Black Hole Sun (snippet)
    07 - The Ocean
    08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
    09 - Cedarwood Road
    10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
    11 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
    12 - Until the End of the World / Amsterdam (snippet)
    ---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
    13 - Elevation
    14 - Vertigo / Rebel Yell (snippet)
    15 - Desire
    16 - Acrobat
    17 - You're the Best Thing About Me
    18 - Staring at the Sun
  7. this beginning of PITNOL is one of my favorite parts of the show

8. *loud cheers*
    them: oooooh, the public actually likes the album?
  9. Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention that one. Interesting how Pride has transitioned from the song that was performed out of fatigued obligation to legitimately one of the stronger songs in the set.
  10. "In the 90s we did some really weird shit and I guess music was involved."
    - Literally every reference to Pop U2 has made in the past 10 years