2018-05-19 - Omaha
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 0
  1. "can't wait to see how this setlist evolves." Lol. They've found their setlist. It ain't changing.
  2. i bet once thetour gets to Europe some of the USA songs may be dropped or swapped around
  3. I'm hoping for Summer of Love in Europe!
  4. Originally posted by cleazer:Also, holy crap, is someone complaining about them playing too many songs from the new album? They're touring for that album!!!

thanks for the holy crap, i'm reading opinions like mine, maybe i wrote something right, but "de gustibus non disputandum est"........i'm complaining yes sir, i'm sorry. I don't like u2 in this way but i bought at the same time tickets for two more shows like october 11 and 12 in Milan like i did in past tours since JT 1987 in Rome Stadio Flaminio (with Big Audio Dynamite and Pretenders opener). I hope they will change the american setlists just a little bit, it will be enough for me. Ciao dall'Italia ps hope you understand latin.
  5. Great, I saw The Ocean into Iris. Very clever chosen. That is promising something.
  6. Just about to go back through this thread and read some other things about the tour. This is my first time logging on since seeing the show.

Wouldn't you know, it's my night with the U2Start instagram account and my phone goes from 20% battery all the way to dead just like *that*. Man that was a bummer.

I thought the show was alright. I'm interested to see it again now that I know what to expect. I moved around GA all night - my first time ever doing that. It was a great experience but not one of their better shows that I've seen. Energy seems a little off somehow.

New opening of the show is incredible, far better than the last one. I also really like the Elevation Influx mix and I was happy to hear it used - that might be a bit of a minority opinion. That song just doesn't rock an arena the way it did almost 20 (!!!) years ago.
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed "unfastening your seatbelt and move freely about the cabin"
    I've found this to be so much more enjoyable over recent years... you get to truly see the show from all aspects and angles... and I imagine the floor is small enough where you never have a bad view...
  8. Originally posted by MattG:Just about to go back through this thread and read some other things about the tour. This is my first time logging on since seeing the show.

Wouldn't you know, it's my night with the U2Start instagram account and my phone goes from 20% battery all the way to dead just like *that*. Man that was a bummer.

I thought the show was alright. I'm interested to see it again now that I know what to expect. I moved around GA all night - my first time ever doing that. It was a great experience but not one of their better shows that I've seen. Energy seems a little off somehow.

New opening of the show is incredible, far better than the last one. I also really like the Elevation Influx mix and I was happy to hear it used - that might be a bit of a minority opinion. That song just doesn't rock an arena the way it did almost 20 (!!!) years ago.
    Man, thinking that Elevation started rocking arenas "almost 20 years ago" makes you think. Long and hard.
  9. Originally posted by MattG:Just about to go back through this thread and read some other things about the tour. This is my first time logging on since seeing the show.

I honestly couldn’t wait to hear your opinion.
    The low energy had to be due to 8 new songs on the set. I know the answer “ well it’s the experience your blah blah. It’s nit a good excuse. A live show needs energy. It also doesn’t help that one of the higher energy songs isn’t being played every show (RFD). I’m all fairness I haven’t seen it yet but I usually agree with you and respect your opinion so I’m guessing I may have a similar experience
  10. This is what disappoints me:

"THE RELATIONSHIP OF PERFORMERS AND AUDIENCE IN U2 IS A CRAZY ROMANCE BUT IT’S ALSO CHALLENGING. IT HAS TO BE. THERE’S A DEAL IN PLACE. WE DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHERE OUR KIDS GO TO SCHOOL OR HOW TO AFFORD THE FAMILY HOLIDAY BUT IN TURN OUR AUDIENCE DON’T HAVE TO WORRY THAT THE BAND IS NOT GOING TO GIVE EVERYTHING WE’VE GOT."

When I hear these reviews of lack of energy, it's like they aren't living up to their end of the bargain, while we, in turn, are shelling out more to make sure they don't have to worry...
  11. I said it during the live party. It was the day when Bono's son Eli graduated. Bono mentioned it during his speech. Even though he's a professional and he tried to be the same old showman, at times it felt like his head was somewhere else.
    Let's see what happens in Chicago.