2018-05-22 - Chicago
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. The queues and how they're organized are the new trending topic since there are no setlist or show novelties to talk about
  2. I am all for these idiots wasting their time. I walked in at 7:30PM and was maybe one to two people off the rail wherever I wanted except the very front row.

I touched The Edge as he walked by after SATS for god's sake. Waiting in line days in advance
  3. Originally posted by MattG:I am all for these idiots wasting their time. I walked in at 7:30PM and was maybe one to two people off the rail wherever I wanted except the very front row.

I touched The Edge as he walked by after SATS for god's sake. Waiting in line days in advance
    I'm glad I'm not alone...
  4. Originally posted by Timk68:So as I see it, some guy outside of the "FB inner circle" unofficial group arrives before anyone and starts a GA line and then gets labelled a "lone wolf" and kind of managed and brought into line by the unofficial FB group.
    I find it all quite annoying , the sooner U2 get a grip of this the better

Until someone challenges them, they'll keep doing it. They always announce they've "coordinated with the venue" and everyone accepts that. But I promise, if one person makes a stink to the venue, that'll all change. But, as Matt mentioned... If they have nothing better do, let 'em have their moment. Then get there at 7pm and go stand right next to them on the floor.
  5. Originally posted by MattG:I am all for these idiots wasting their time. I walked in at 7:30PM and was maybe one to two people off the rail wherever I wanted except the very front row.

Haha. Will you do the same in Chicago? I'll be at the 2nd show Wednesday night. Planning on arriving in GA around 4:30-5:00, or whenever we feel like leaving the bar down the road.
  6. I'm playing in the pre-party band for the Chicago II date, so I won't even be able to roll in until about 7:30-8:00pm.
  7. They always make some bold choices for special shows in Chicago, and they were "rehearsing new material" in Omaha. I wonder if they have been doing live rehearsals of a new show flow without SFS and RBW, to slot in some new ideas.

By this point in the I&E Tour (9 shows in) the band had played 35 different songs. It's worth noting that one of those songs was 40, played for Dennis Sheehan the night he passed away, and also In Gods Country which was not on the printed setlist.

If we cheat a little and bring the number down to 33 for those reasons, U2 are only 3 songs different from that number at this point on the current tour (30 songs).

Chicago could be an opportunity to start increasing that total.

The I&E Tour finished with 54 different songs total played across the whole tour. Could see up to literally 20 different songs across this tour. Doubtful, but possible. Vertigo, Desire, SATS (sad but true) could all rotate. Gloria, RFD, ABOY, NYD will probably continue to do so as well.

What else could we see them slot in?
  8. Originally posted by MattG:They always make some bold choices for special shows in Chicago, and they were "rehearsing new material" in Omaha. I wonder if they have been doing live rehearsals of a new show flow without SFS and RBW, to slot in some new ideas.

By this point in the I&E Tour (9 shows in) the band had played 35 different songs. It's worth noting that one of those songs was 40, played for Dennis Sheehan the night he passed away, and also In Gods Country which was not on the printed setlist.

If we cheat a little and bring the number down to 33 for those reasons, U2 are only 3 songs different from that number at this point on the current tour (30 songs).

Chicago could be an opportunity to start increasing that total.

The I&E Tour finished with 54 different songs total played across the whole tour. Could see up to literally 20 different songs across this tour. Doubtful, but possible. Vertigo, Desire, SATS (sad but true) could all rotate. Gloria, RFD, ABOY, NYD will probably continue to do so as well.

What else could we see them slot in?
    As I've said before, seeing as how I missed i/e, i'm happy to see the SOI songs... so, really, if they keep Gloria in for my show, I won't bitch... I'd rather see RFD than ABOY, but it's gonna be what it is... The songs I'd like to see rotated will never happen as Vertigo and Elevation have obviously become the *new "War Horses" that aren't going anywhere...

*new as opposed to the old TJT/NYD "War Horses"
  9. It would surprise me if we see much more of SFS or RBW. If they're already cutting them now, they're obviously okay with disrupting that part of the narrative in favor of something else. And SFS really is back in the form of 13, you're not missing anything there really. I will say, it's a shame if you don't get RBW. That's a great live one.

If the cuts are just for a shorter show, that's some bullshit. But I really don't think they're going to just not add any other surprises along the way. Have some faith everyone!

I bet between the two Chicago shows, we see at least one tour debut.
  10. Originally posted by MattG:It would surprise me if we see much more of SFS or RBW. If they're already cutting them now, they're obviously okay with disrupting that part of the narrative in favor of something else. And SFS really is back in the form of 13, you're not missing anything there really. I will say, it's a shame if you don't get RBW. That's a great live one.

If the cuts are just for a shorter show, that's some bullshit. But I really don't think they're going to just not add any other surprises along the way. Have some faith everyone!

I bet between the two Chicago shows, we see at least one tour debut.
    Always have faith... (even though it's being tested right now waiting for ticket drop - lol...)
  11. Obviously there will be "my kind of town" snippet or two
  12. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

Until someone challenges them, they'll keep doing it. They always announce they've "coordinated with the venue" and everyone accepts that. But I promise, if one person makes a stink to the venue, that'll all change. But, as Matt mentioned... If they have nothing better do, let 'em have their moment. Then get there at 7pm and go stand right next to them on the floor.
    This has been going on since 2001, if not before..people have and do complain to venues, but nothing has changed, I doubt it will