2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5
  1. --
  2. It should have uploaded.
    If it hasn't then I will get around to reuploading it over the weekend.
  3. I’ve been recording the programs off of U2 X radio too. It’s extremely easy with an iPhone X. Just pull down where the battery life is and you should see a white circle which you click and it’ll record whatever is on the screen. Once it finishes recording off of the Sirius app, I upload it to my YouTube page as an unlisted video. Then I delete the video that I recorded onto my iPhone. Sounds complicated, but it really isn’t. If anything it’s tedious. I’ll also convert the YouTube video to mp3 for my iTunes.
  4. When I click on the link it still comes up with file is being uploaded
  5. So how has this been? Is it a lot of re-runs of programs? Any more Bono episodes? How often are the same songs played?
  6. Yeah more and more of the same stuff and less and less new stuff. Everytime I tune in they seem to play Sunday or Gloria My attention slowly fades away except for the Discotheque program.
  7. --
  8. Give it a month if we still have the same music we are screwed
  9. As expected from this 'venture' there was the initial impact of the launch and the first week or so of the novelty, but really it is a case of mostly repetitive songs (Beautiful Day, the absolutely bloody awful Sweetest Thing and Every Breaking Wave seem to be the staple rotation).

One of the only redeeming factors are the occasional Bono - Fan Letters (some are excruciating though, sycophantic nonsense sometimes). It is good to hear the U2 fans speak of their experiences occasionally too.

Actually these are part of the highlight aside from the Close To The Edge broadcasts. Can't say I would want to pay for the 'privilege' of hearing this as a station though as it would soon wane.
  10. I’ve heard Numb like 7 times though
  11. Oh yes, that too! That's been played to death. Their 'oddity' song from when they were really good.
    I have found myself looking forward to the non-U2 songs that are being played mostly (apart from the truly awful Patti Smith).
  12. Oh! And how can we forget Desire on heavy rotation.

If any of the band read any of this stuff here then for christ sake start digging out album tracks will you. You do also have b-sides too! Plus a wealth of archive.

Saying that, as I type here what comes on but this...

What the fuck!!