2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5

1. The whole thing is a farce ... as it was always going to be ! The anal retentiveness ( i know it’s not a word ) of this band is astonishing and hence why this past 6 or 7 years we get these super polished over produced yawns of albums , their last true bit of adventurism was NLOTH , it failed commercially and ever since they have been second guessing themselves ! It’s sad really !
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

It wasn't there in 2018. And WGRYWH was back then. I see that Window in the Skies is there now...and WGRYWH isn't now. U2 really has to sort out what the hell they are doing with their online catalog. It's a huge mess.

A huge mess. Yes.

They need to upload everything to streaming sites too.

3. Maybe this is a question for another place and time.. But curious how your process is with these Matrix mixes? It's not something I want to try myself, but just curious how you mix these dry IEM feeds together into something very listenable
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..]

Maybe this is a question for another place and time.. But curious how your process is with these Matrix mixes? It's not something I want to try myself, but just curious how you mix these dry IEM feeds together into something very listenable

Record all the feeds + wireless mics I can. Clean up the files for static, metronome, counts. Make sure everything is aligned. Then align/clean up the audience recording. Then load it up in a DAW and mix them all up. Usually a fair amount of extractions going on, either with stem extraction or spatial extractions.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

Record all the feeds + wireless mics I can. Clean up the files for static, metronome, counts. Make sure everything is aligned. Then align/clean up the audience recording. Then load it up in a DAW and mix them all up. Usually a fair amount of extractions going on, either with stem extraction or spatial extractions.
    And the best at it in the world. A true legend!!! Like being a gold medal winner in the Olympics. You are the best. Out of 7 billion people on the planet there is only one you.
  6. I keep trying to recruit more people too.
  7. Yes, I understand. There were a ton of IEM's from the 360 tour as well as the All That You Can't Leave Behind tour. Then it kinda fell short in the next few tours. Thankfully you have released many shows from these tours and all are insanely amazing. We are very appreciative. No disrespect, but your work is top notch and would be intimidating for others trying to take on the task. You know I love your work. Your stuff is as good as official releases. Peace!
  8. Tonight's episode of Discotheque definitely had a theme. Never would have guessed we'd hear Zeppelin, the Stones, Queen, and the Doors all on the same show like that.

I listened to that Zooromancer mix of Salome a ton back in the 90s. Glad to hear that again.
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

Thanks.. Do you do any edits on the stems (or the mixed audio) as well?
  10. hoserama...you belong up there with the legends of tapers. thanks so much for sharing your recordings. much appreciated.
  11. The two greatest tapers ever are Mike Millard and Hoserama/Sharebear. Millard's audience recordings are legendary from the 1970's. And think of the size of the equipment he had to sneak in. Hoserama took it to the next level with more modern technology and IEM recordings. A big THANK YOU to both. Someone needs to do a documentary on these two.
  12. Live version of U2 with Bruce Springsteen performing I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For w Promised Land snippet on Ch. 25 Classic Rewind. It’s part of their “Fantasy Festival” weekend of live performances. I think it’s playing on a loop all weekend. Not sure if there was more U2. Pretty sure it was the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary performance.