1. The staging was similar but the setlists were very different. I assume the original plan was to release it commercially or on a subscription service, however that was then changed to the subscription gift for an unknown reason. Or maybe the band now only feel comfortable releasing live material only through the fan club?
  2. Originally posted by SJKamal:The staging was similar but the setlists were very different. I assume the original plan was to release it commercially or on a subscription service, however that was then changed to the subscription gift for an unknown reason. Or maybe the band now only feel comfortable releasing live material only through the fan club?
    perhaps because in their minds it was their last tour? life is short and unpredictable and they are aware of that

(I know they are planning a new album, but back in 2018 Bono just came from the heart surgery + he had lost his voice, and they aren't getting any younger)
  3. Joshua Tree Tour 2019 was super improvised remember! If Bono haven't had the scare with his voice in Berlin (which is why they changed the setlist for the rest of the European leg), perhaps they wouldn't have gone to Asia and try it in places they have never played before, at least not so soon after having just toured in 2018.
  4. JT19 wasn't super improvised. They had originally planned to that tour at the end of 2018, after EI had finished. But halfway through EI they decided to push it back.
  5. They were also planning to change the setlist before he lost his voice in Berlin. TUF, Landlady and Stay were going to replace the innocence section but they weren't prepared in time. That was then changed to ZOO Station, Fly, Stay and Horses when they realized Berlin would be the last show and filmed.
  6. On the subject of the dvd I got mine a few yrs back but stopped subscribing after it as no tour and also I still never received the CD innocence and Experience live, only got the downloads so anyway subscribed again for the new gift and went fuck it ill chase them up for the CD. So got a reply saying no problem will send out the CD to you. Got my delivery through the door there. The EI Berlin DVD AGAIN so if anyone has the IE cd or even the Apollo one id swap for a Berlin DVD as ive 2 now.
  7. -
  8. ok i’m sorry i didn’t know that
  9. Originally posted by Prior86:On the subject of the dvd I got mine a few yrs back but stopped subscribing after it as no tour and also I still never received the CD innocence and Experience live, only got the downloads so anyway subscribed again for the new gift and went fuck it ill chase them up for the CD. So got a reply saying no problem will send out the CD to you. Got my delivery through the door there. The EI Berlin DVD AGAIN so if anyone has the IE cd or even the Apollo one id swap for a Berlin DVD as ive 2 now.
    I have 2 apollo cd’s…
  10. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    You're probably right. This narrative pisses me off. Pop is a great album, Popmart was a great tour, and the band can fuck off for saying otherwise. Even when they did the acoustic version of SATS in 2018, easily the most commercially appealing song from the album, Bono was almost apologetic to the crowd for even playing it. It cannot be understated how much of a blow Pop and Popmart's failure was to their collective ego. It traumatized them. Such bullshit... I dare them to write a song as good as Mofo, Gone or Please.

One thing U2 don't realize is that every album after Behind sold less than the one before. SOE is technically an exception as it sold more than SOI, but SOI was shoved down the throats of everyone in that interesting move that backfired. They at least should have allowed for it to be easily deleted in the first place. But U2 won't be playing anything from SOI or SOE in ten years either, but the ridiculous pride they have in SOI is astonishing. No Line is much better, which they disowned, and Pop is better than SOI and No Line combined times ten.