1. That’s probably what will happen. Although ‘now’ might have to be stretched to mean before the end of the year. This is all unusual for the band though, I mentioned it earlier in the thread that as far back as zoo tv the longest gap between a first release from a tour and the date of the show was popmart which was released 11 months after it was filmed. We’re just past 11 months for Berlin and obviously way past that for JT now. I know there’s been examples like slane and vertigo milan but Boston and Chicago had already been released first.
  2. I hope the EI dvd will be released by the end of the year. As for Joshua Tree, It would be great if they mixed 2019 shows with 2017 material, but I feel like Anton has already made the 2017 movie and Steve Lillywhite said he’s in the middle of mixing the 2017 tour. It makes sense to include 2019 shows as well in the dvd, that’s ideal, but I feel like the 2017 version is finished already. Then again they haven’t released it yet, not even made an announcement, but if they release only 2017 related stuff then it’ll be odd given the fact that they ‘will have’ also played shows in 2019. I’m so confused, will they release 2017 movie, will they call Anton again to incorporate 2019? I just want a DVD
  3. Maybe they’ll do what they did with Milan, release the dvd for the show from 2 years ago then release a 10 song set with another best of cd.
  4. I don’t know why people think they need to incorporate 2019 into the Joshua tree dvd. Especially if the show is the same. The only difference will be a couple different songs maybe and a two year older band.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I didn't know the IE release reached #1 in the UK and US, that's quite an achievement to be honest.

And yet I still defend that releasing a Joshua Tour bluray from a show of 2-3 years ago (and moreover, when there's another iteration of the tour taking place - or just taken place, depending on when it'd be released) would make no sense. The most plausible scenario IMO is that they mix 2017 and 2019 footage (assuming they eventually reuse 99% of the stage) and release the damn thing in 2020.

How many DVD's do you have to shift to get to number 1 now anyway? Not a lot, I bet.

6. At least we know Anton is done with the Depeche Mode film but that's released in late November, so yeah, it'll be 2020 for JT17
  7. Originally posted by f1schu111:I don’t know why people think they need to incorporate 2019 into the Joshua tree dvd. Especially if the show is the same. The only difference will be a couple different songs maybe and a two year older band.
    An updated documentary would be cool.
  8. Haha yeah I didn't want to point that out and detract from the achievement, but indeed the competition ain't too hard now...
  9. I have a feeling they are going to film India and release that concert.

Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I didn't know the IE release reached #1 in the UK and US, that's quite an achievement to be honest.

And yet I still defend that releasing a Joshua Tour bluray from a show of 2-3 years ago (and moreover, when there's another iteration of the tour taking place - or just taken place, depending on when it'd be released) would make no sense. The most plausible scenario IMO is that they mix 2017 and 2019 footage (assuming they eventually reuse 99% of the stage) and release the damn thing in 2020.