1. I usually skip Pride. The way they play Pride is quite boring, but ok the public wants to hear it
  2. The Rolling Stones are doing this. Releasing several Blu-Rays from past tours (80's / 90's) in recent years. Why doesn't U2 do this? I do not know. We don't have a decent record of TUF, nor of TJT-87 (Paris without Streets makes no sense). But the question is ... did they record anything at the tours? In 1987 they recorded several shows for Rattle and Hum, but in 1984/85, I don't believe they recorded it.

Regarding the release of something in 2019, I also thought it would happen, at least the TJT-17, as it would be a great promotion for the shows at the end of the year.

Originally posted by EDDMB:Its still odd that JT '17 ended over 2 years ago and a full show release hasn't happened on dvd or even cd. So many great shows, in Europe especially. Italy ?

The first 11 months of 2019 the band weren't exactly active. No new material . Nothing. As a matter of fact, Experience ended Nov of '18 ,with the aforementioned Berlin gig. The band then decided to restart JT, November of 2019 . Exactly a year between shows. Just all a bit odd IMO not release anything from the 2 previous tours during that down time.

Actually , the band should indeed have a "vault" type of release each year , or a couple of shows a year as Bruce does on cd or download (mp3 or Flac)

Dave Matthews Band release 4 shows a year called Live Trax , spanning their entire 25 year career . They just released LT 50 last month with a gig from 2004.

Imagine if U2 did this ? How about something (anything) from winter 1984, a couple months later Yankee Stadium 1992 (we have nothing from 1992) . Then maybe something more current like Amsterdam 09.13.15 , which is IMO the best show of 2015.

This would be fantastic IMHO .
  3. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:The Rolling Stones are doing this. Releasing several Blu-Rays from past tours (80's / 90's) in recent years. Why doesn't U2 do this? I do not know. We don't have a decent record of TUF, nor of TJT-87 (Paris without Streets makes no sense). But the question is ... did they record anything at the tours? In 1987 they recorded several shows for Rattle and Hum, but in 1984/85, I don't believe they recorded it.

Regarding the release of something in 2019, I also thought it would happen, at least the TJT-17, as it would be a great promotion for the shows at the end of the year.

[..]
    U2 is a different band. They do things different than the Stones. They do things different from other bands, for example existing over 40 years in the same formation instead of breaking up after a while... just be patient.. things will show up every now and then and maybe they'll get to the same phase as the Stones and just cash on everything they've recorded in the past. I'm getting a bit tired of 'why don't they do this, or why they don't they do that'.. just be happy with what they already did..
  4. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    U2 is a different band. They do things different than the Stones. They do things different from other bands, for example existing over 40 years in the same formation instead of breaking up after a while... just be patient.. things will show up every now and then and maybe they'll get to the same phase as the Stones and just cash on everything they've recorded in the past. I'm getting a bit tired of 'why don't they do this, or why they don't they do that'.. just be happy with what they already did..
  5. I think because u2 are such a great live band and we all have great memories of there live shows it’s natural to want even more. However we probably shouldn’t take what they do give us for granted. A dvd of every tour and in recent years cd’s of the tours on the fanclub is pretty good going. I would always take more but I don’t feel like it’s really essential to have more at least after Berlin and a JT anniversary release on dvd. Except when they release new material again and tour it I would just like them to continue with what they’ve been doing with the dvd and fanclub gift.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:I think because u2 are such a great live band and we all have great memories of there live shows it’s natural to want even more. However we probably shouldn’t take what they do give us for granted. A dvd of every tour and in recent years cd’s of the tours on the fanclub is pretty good going. I would always take more but I don’t feel like it’s really essential to have more at least after Berlin and a JT anniversary release on dvd. Except when they release new material again and tour it I would just like them to continue with what they’ve been doing with the dvd and fanclub gift.
    Unless it's a radically different show by tours end. For example, Zooropa 93 vs ZooTV US indoor. EI did meet that criteria.
  7. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:The Rolling Stones are doing this. Releasing several Blu-Rays from past tours (80's / 90's) in recent years. Why doesn't U2 do this? I do not know. We don't have a decent record of TUF, nor of TJT-87 (Paris without Streets makes no sense). But the question is ... did they record anything at the tours? In 1987 they recorded several shows for Rattle and Hum, but in 1984/85, I don't believe they recorded it.

[..]
    We don't know if they recorded anything from the UF tour. Dortmund deserves a release.
  8. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    Unless it's a radically different show by tours end. For example, Zooropa 93 vs ZooTV US indoor. EI did meet that criteria.
    Maybe zoo tv is the only one that’s a bit different because they were sort of touring 2 albums by the end of that. A pre Zooropa show would compliment Sydney well. With other tours they’ve generally given us a good few of the new tracks on dvd with a couple of songs not been played in a while and it works well. We’ve got most of there songs released live now between cd and dvd.
  9. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    We need not worry about that my friend, for it is they who define and choose what they will launch. We as fans can just talk about it and wait. But we can give suggestions and why not ask, as was done in 2003, when fans asked for the release of Slane's show.
  10. yes, you're right.. of course you're free to discuss that.. but you're not the first, and often the 'why not this' or 'I don't understand..... ' just sound a bit as complaint (of a spoilt child ).. for older video's it probably also has something to do with commercial rights.. the Rockpalast shows were all filmed by WDR (I think) just like other TV broadcasts were probably produced and financed by TV-stations. Good thing is a lot of those broadcast are available for free in very decent quality.. u2t, youtube..
    just a quick list;

- Belfast 81
    (- Den Haag, 1981)
    (- San Francisco, 1981)
    - Berlin 81
    - Hattem '82
    - Werchter '82
    - US Festival 83
    - Red Rocks
    - Lorely '83
    - Dortmund '84
    - Live Aid
    - Self Aid
    - Conspiracy of Hope, East Rutherford
    - Paris 87
    - Devore '87
    - Los Angeles 87
    - Stockholm '92
    - Washington '92
    - Zoo TV special
    - Basel '93
    - Adelaide '93
    - Sydney '93
    - Las Vegas 97
    - Edmonton '97
    - Boston '97
    - Mexico '97
    - Sao Paulo '98
    - Buenos Aires '98
    - Santiago '98
    - Johannesburg '98
    (- Irving Plaza '00)
    - Boston '01
    - Slane Castle
    (- South Bend '01)
    - Super bowl '02
    - Chicago '05
    - Sao Paulo '06
    - Buenos Aires '06
    - Glastonbury 2011
    - Paris 2015 (3 different shows)
  11. Originally posted by Ricku2:yes, you're right.. of course you're free to discuss that.. but you're not the first, and often the 'why not this' or 'I don't understand..... ' just sound a bit as complaint (of a spoilt child ).. for older video's it probably also has something to do with commercial rights.. the Rockpalast shows were all filmed by WDR (I think) just like other TV broadcasts were probably produced and financed by TV-stations. Good thing is a lot of those broadcast are available for free in very decent quality.. u2t, youtube..
    just a quick list;

- Belfast 81
    (- Den Haag, 1981)
    (- San Francisco, 1981)
    - Berlin 81
    - Hattem '82
    - Werchter '82
    - US Festival 83
    - Red Rocks
    - Lorely '83
    - Dortmund '84
    - Live Aid
    - Self Aid
    - Conspiracy of Hope, East Rutherford
    - Paris 87
    - Devore '87
    - Los Angeles 87
    - Stockholm '92
    - Washington '92
    - Zoo TV special
    - Basel '93
    - Adelaide '93
    - Sydney '93
    - Las Vegas 97
    - Edmonton '97
    - Boston '97
    - Mexico '97
    - Sao Paulo '98
    - Buenos Aires '98
    - Santiago '98
    - Johannesburg '98
    (- Irving Plaza '00)
    - Boston '01
    - Slane Castle
    (- South Bend '01)
    - Super bowl '02
    - Chicago '05
    - Sao Paulo '06
    - Buenos Aires '06
    - Glastonbury 2011
    - Paris 2015 (3 different shows)
    Of these I have.

-Brussels 81 (only 25 minutes)
    - San Francisco, 1981
    - Berlin 81
    - Werchter '82
    - Red Rocks
    - Lorely '83
    - Dortmund '84
    - Live Aid
    - Paris 87
    - Los Angeles 87
    - Washington '92
    - Sydney '93
    - Mexico '97
    - Sao Paulo '98
    - Buenos Aires '98
    - Irving Plaza '00
    - Boston '01
    - Slane Castle
    - Super bowl '02
    - Chicago '05
    - Sao Paulo '06
    - Buenos Aires '06
    - Glastonbury 2011
    - Paris 2015 (3 different shows, I have all three, but they are the same).

Many of them as you mentioned are TV broadcasts, not complete. I believe that in the 80's U2 didn't record their shows, except for Rattle and Hum. It was not usual to release DVD, or even VHS. But dream we can, I have a 1981 bluray from Queen, and when I see it, I think of a U2 (Boytour) show with that quality. But Queen at that time was perhaps the biggest band in the world, and U2 was just beginning.
  12. I can predict with 90% certainty that nothing will appear (pro shoot, soundboard) pre 1990 that will shock us and that is complete.