1. They probably will change very little but all three of these should be staples in the set.
    To keep BD, Pride, Elevation and Vertigo in and leave these out is madness.

Yes team ‘we’ll defend the band if they do anything’ crew will justify it because of ‘the story’, but the story doesn’t really take you anywhere. It’s like someone posting a vague Facebook status followed by others saying ‘inbox me babe’ etc. It’s been like ‘U2 the musical’ through leg #1
    If they said the ‘story’ would take over before charging £240 per seated ticket then fair enough, but otherwise I hate to slag off my favourite band, but it’s ridiculously self indulgent.
    I went as a ‘passenger’ so see JT yesterday and it dawned on me that if you’re a passenger you’re carried by the big headline tunes.
    The back end of the set on this tour is lacklustre I do really like it up to SATS, but then it needs these to carry through songs like GOOYOW and Love is Bigger. It needs some power towards the end.
    Let’s hope Berlin brings some surprises, not holding out for any though!
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:The band have also said that they were playing nothing pre Achtung Baby which if it were true would help to make sense of them wanting to play newer material in favour of older stuff but they have been playing a handful of pre achtung baby songs. The newer stuff they’ve been playing as mentioned above is the stuff they always play, so the no JT songs logic from the band falls completely flat on its face, whether it’s to freshen up the Setlist or favour newer material . The Setlist itself I’m generally happy with but not the logic behind not playing some great songs. I’ve got a feeling I’ll be happier still with the European setlists though but we’ll see.
    If they stick true to that, they had better play some fuckin' Pop.
  3. I didn’t make it very clear with my original post but the band had actually made that statement about nothing pre Achtung baby after the first show or 2, so even after they had played early songs they were claiming they’d played nothing pre Achtung baby at the shows which wasn’t a true statement, they do make it up as they go sometimes lol.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I didn’t make it very clear with my original post but the band had actually made that statement about nothing pre Achtung baby after the first show or 2, so even after they had played early songs they were claiming they’d played nothing pre Achtung baby at the shows which wasn’t a true statement, they do make it up as they go sometimes lol.
    Oh, yeah I thought you meant they had said that recently about the upcoming European leg

5. 100% agree , I like COBL but nowhere near as good as vertigo tour and overplayed.

I’d love to hear all I want is you in the acoustic section
  6. I think if they did Landlady right in could nicely fit in the encore and fill With or Without You’s role giving the encore some more life.

With that in mind, they need to bring back Bad. And probably Streets in place of Blinding Lights.
  7. Any new song would give the encore some life. Hopefully Europe gets some new tunes. Still thinking SOL will take the spot of SATS, but we'll see. I'm hoping they change things up, but not holding my breath. If they add any of these three songs, still think it will be Bad. WOWY and Streets won't be played at all
  8. Seriously, who cares about the narrative ? I don't and i think the casuals don't get it / don't care either !
  9. I'm glad they have dropped them. There was a lot of talk a while ago of ditching the warhorses... now we are complaining they have dropped them.

"What do you want?" (Ultradetergent!)

I'm all for the band playing as few of the 80's songs as they can get away with it : they have never did a nostalgia tour until last year, and I think last years tour was a way of clearing the decks to concentrate on newer songs.
  10. Originally posted by markreed:I'm glad they have dropped them. There was a lot of talk a while ago of ditching the warhorses... now we are complaining they have dropped them.

"What do you want?" (Ultradetergent!)

I'm all for the band playing as few of the 80's songs as they can get away with it : they have never did a nostalgia tour until last year, and I think last years tour was a way of clearing the decks to concentrate on newer songs.
    Yeah, but they dropped American Soul for New Year's Day.