1. Originally posted by bonoschild:People getting all worked up about rumors. This kind of thread should be more anticipation than anger- if people have decent sources of info, sharing that info is appreciated. If anyone's silly enough to book hotels at this point...well... good luck with that. Mocking those sharing info is stupid. Indeed, stay away from these pages and stick with U2.com.
    +2
  2. Originally posted by podiumboy:Speculation is one of my favorite parts about being a fan of any band. It’s fun for me. If you don’t like it, just periodically check u2.com for official news.
    and..... +3
  3. Maybe because they have not played this area of the world in 9 years? Could tie in with a contract also. I have no direct knowledge of anything on this tour but it certainly seems plausible. My "guess" at this point is they were at least thinking about it at one time. Either the announcement has been delayed for something logistical or they just changed their minds or maybe they are still thinking about whether they want to.
  4. Originally posted by ZOOTVTOURist:[..]
    Look, @Remy, with all appreciation of all the efforts you in person put in this place here, a statement like yours quoted, I think is not appropriate. Being part of the problem, not part of a solution. You say without any „might“, „maybe“ or „I think“ or „my credible sources“ just: „it will still happen“. So you obviously seem to know it 100%. Which will lead other people to believe so, spread it and maybe book hotels etc. (even if you say, don‘ t do so). With all kindness- please be beware of such consequences, when you do public statements - in a rumour (!) thread. Thanx

Agreed 100%
  5. We've pretty much had rumoured dates for both Australian & NZ cities, which have been pretty firm. But we haven't heard too much about Asia. Maybe that's where the hold up is.

It is very rare for U2 to tour stadiums in cooler climates in the winter months. The closest I can find is Denver (Mile High stadium) in both May & October.

By mid-December the weather in northern Asia is very wintery. Snow is not uncommon in Tokyo in December. Seoul experiences it's first snowfalls in November, with significant snowfall in December.

Tokyo is setup for it, with two large arenas. The Tokyo Dome (55,000), & Saitama Super Arena (37,000). Hopefully one of these are JUST big enough to fit in the monster JT screen.

But as far as I can tell Seoul has no indoor venues capable of hosting a tour with the JT screen. Seoul's largest indoor arena is the 15,000 Olympic Gymnastics Arena. They do have a large stadium (70,000), but it may not be appropriate for winter concerts.

Just my two cents about what the hold up could be (along with all the recently announced major acts in Australia).
  6. Maybe the admins should just close this thread until something official comes out lol, seems like it's doing more harm than good for the morale of this community.
  7. I think Lovetown 30 will happen.
    I think that this will [ in effect ] be a farewell tour to their Anzac fans.
    I do not think Europe or USA will see another U2 date until 2021/22.
    The original 'gang of four ' are running their last race. We should treasure them while we can
  8. My dad asked me earlier "aren't your U2 tickets on sale today" lol
  9. Originally posted by petejv:I think Lovetown 30 will happen.
    The original 'gang of four ' are running their last race. We should treasure them while we can
    Sadly, I have the exact same thoughts
  10. Originally posted by petejv:I think Lovetown 30 will happen.
    There is a chance South America and Australiasia will have seen their last bits of U2 by the end of this year.
  11. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    There is a chance South America and Australiasia will have seen their last bits of U2 by the end of this year.
    Don't tell me they're going to set up a residency in Vegas!