1. The time to have toured really was January 2018 on the back of SOE, and to have brought a TJT30/SOI/SOE hybrid out.

The original plan for Vertigo was, as we should all know by now, was for the whole to take 13 months to April 06 and be done, but health deferred the final shows to Nov/Dec 06 mid-tour.

To go out again, 2 years after the SOE album and 12 months after the end of the Ei tour, with no new material, doesn't seem like the type of thing they would do. Sure, they have earnt the right to do whatever they like, but for a band that has always been forward looking, to do a one-off limited tour of five weeks doesn't seem like the type of thing they would do.

It would also be the shortest tour they have done in over 30 years. Unless its a proof of concept tour for a spring/summer 2020 US/European stadium run.
  2. That security gaurd doesn't know shit.
  3. Originally posted by markreed:The time to have toured really was January 2018 on the back of SOE, and to have brought a TJT30/SOI/SOE hybrid out.

The original plan for Vertigo was, as we should all know by now, was for the whole to take 13 months to April 06 and be done, but health deferred the final shows to Nov/Dec 06 mid-tour.

To go out again, 2 years after the SOE album and 12 months after the end of the Ei tour, with no new material, doesn't seem like the type of thing they would do. Sure, they have earnt the right to do whatever they like, but for a band that has always been forward looking, to do a one-off limited tour of five weeks doesn't seem like the type of thing they would do.

It would also be the shortest tour they have done in over 30 years. Unless its a proof of concept tour for a spring/summer 2020 US/European stadium run.
    I just really hope this happens for those fans. U2 really should have come down under in early 2018 with the JT/SOE hybrid, as somebody suggested. It’s not like the US was desperately missing U2 or anything, considering they had just done a massive stadium tour the year before. I mean, they had unsold sections in cities like Chicago, DC and Philadelphia for fucks sake!!

In 2018 they should have focused on australia/NZ/Asia, then doing a proper tour of Europe, then come to the US in 2019. Give demand a chance to rebuild.
  4. I really want it to happen for the fans down under and in SE Asia , but i would say the odds are stacked against it .
    They should have covered this part of the globe off during the JTT 2017 maybe after South America.
  5. And yes, we shouldn’t assume the worst because some random person heard something from some random security guard who may or may not have heard that information from somebody who heard it from somebody else who might have gotten their dated wrong.
  6. Australia actually deserves both tours. SOE is dating fast as well.

They deserve to hear those songs live.
  7. I'd argue that the songs on soe are so bad we don't actually deserve to have to hear those live
  8. You haven't heard them live. I predict a comeback for Little Things.
  9. Nobody is going to criticize the wonderful work made by pages like U2Songs. And obviously they have sources that "normal" people don't have. But rumors remain rumors. Logically, if I apply a good common sense in thinking, I have to say that it doesn’t make any sense to make a tour with only a few shows (actually I counted 13 shows expected), especially if it is, as they say, a NEW tour (no JTT, no E&I). That means that they have to work on a new production (videos, effects and so on) also if they use some of the old hardware. They are not Pearl Jam, they will not go there and just play. They need a production. And a production means months of work (and money). Only for some shows? Then they have to move all the hardware and hundreds of people down under. And when you are there, you are not in Europe in which you move from Paris to Amsterdam, from Amsterdam to Berlin. You are in places where every 4 dates, you have to move hardware and people along thousands of kilometers over the sea by planes. Costs are unbelievable. And it doesn’t make sense to start again all the circus when this could be done when the circus was already running on the road, like at the end of the JTT. Economically, it doesn’t make any sense. And artists don’t go on tour to lose money. We would all love to have a tour. But, if I think logically, the only logic conclusion that comes to my mind is that there will be no tour.
  10. Originally posted by Streetfighter:Nobody is going to criticize the wonderful work made by pages like U2Songs. And obviously they have sources that "normal" people don't have. But rumors remain rumors. Logically, if I apply a good common sense in thinking, I have to say that it doesn’t make any sense to make a tour with only a few shows (actually I counted 13 shows expected), especially if it is, as they say, a NEW tour (no JTT, no E&I). That means that they have to work on a new production (videos, effects and so on) also if they use some of the old hardware. They are not Pearl Jam, they will not go there and just play. They need a production. And a production means months of work (and money). Only for some shows? Then they have to move all the hardware and hundreds of people down under. And when you are there, you are not in Europe in which you move from Paris to Amsterdam, from Amsterdam to Berlin. You are in places where every 4 dates, you have to move hardware and people along thousands of kilometers over the sea by planes. Costs are unbelievable. And it doesn’t make sense to start again all the circus when this could be done when the circus was already running on the road, like at the end of the JTT. Economically, it doesn’t make any sense. And artists don’t go on tour to lose money. We would all love to have a tour. But, if I think logically, the only logic conclusion that comes to my mind is that there will be no tour.
    They’ll be using most of the JT stage, which apparently some of it is already in storage in Australia.
  11. Yes, so it seems. But don’t you think anyway that if the concept is different from JJT (as it seems), also if you re-use most of the hardware, you have to think and realize a new production? Remember how much time it took to make a good production for just one song, like Dirty Day, which was rehearsed for long time before playing it live, because they needed a good production (like videos and so on) to use together with the song. I mean, it is not a quick job if you have to do it for a NEW tour, which is not only one song. And this is the smallest thing. Then, as I said, there is the economic side of the whole thing to consider. In my opinion, it cannot work with only a few shows in areas like that ones. What about packing everything and put it on planes (you know how huge the hardware is and how many people you need to assemble/disassemble and make it run) after 3-4 shows? You play Australia then you put everything on planes to go to Singapore? For one evening? Costs will be like going moving the staff from USA to Europe (which they did only one time, in fact). Then after one or max two evenings in Singapore, you pack everything and you send it to Tokyo for 4500 km? For one or two shows there? It seems to me unsustainable. They have a management, if it was sustainable, they would have done it in the coda of the 2017 JTT. But they didn’t. But it is just my two cents, maybe I’m completely wrong.