1. FYI, for those that are crazy enough to buy plane tickets now (not recommended), the budget airline Jetstar is having a big 15 year birthday sale. RETURN FREE SALE.

https://www.jetstar.com/au/en/deals/birthday-sale

Outward journey is the normal price. Return leg is free. May not be of benefit to those following the band throughout the leg. But may be of benefit to Aussies going to Japan. Or british people who want to fly direct from London to Perth (Qantas), as they could then get a cheap return flight from Perth to the east coast.

Risky move though, before dates are announced.
  2. Not sure whether to go to Aus and get a guaranteed 2 shows or go to Singapore and hope it gets two. Both are roughly the same in flight prices, Singapore is half the time and I've got mates there.
  3. Originally posted by SJKamal:Not sure whether to go to Aus and get a guaranteed 2 shows or go to Singapore and hope it gets two. Both are roughly the same in flight prices, Singapore is half the time and I've got mates there.
    That's a dilemma, haha.

Enjoy your show(s) wherever you go.
  4. Enjoyed seeing NGHFB live on a few occasions, including at JT30 shows. But wasn't so keen on the last album.

Although for a support slot I would expect the well known songs and Oasis hits, very similar to JT30 I suppose.

5. To add to the dilemma, both the National Stadium and Indoor stadium can be seen from my mates window.
  6. Originally posted by U2nick88:Enjoyed seeing NGHFB live on a few occasions, including at JT30 shows. But wasn't so keen on the last album.

Although for a support slot I would expect the well known songs and Oasis hits, very similar to JT30 I suppose.
    He's doing new material on his upcoming shows so I would expect 1 or 2 new songs to appear for the U2 support slot too.
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    He's doing new material on his upcoming shows so I would expect 1 or 2 new songs to appear for the U2 support slot too.
  8. Throwing another theory out there. So I suggested a while ago they could release a couple of new songs to help promote the tour. I’m now thinking about the possibility of them releasing a greatest hits album and since TJT17 dvd hasn’t been released yet perhaps the JT section of the gig will be on a dvd like the u218 singles thing where they put the vertigo Milan dvd with the deluxe edition. It just would seem strange of them to either not release a JT dvd at all or to release it around the same time as a different tour was about to start/be promoted. So I’m thinking this tour could be a greatest hits tour and labelled as such.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:Throwing another theory out there. So I suggested a while ago they could release a couple of new songs to help promote the tour. I’m now thinking about the possibility of them releasing a greatest hits album and since TJT17 dvd hasn’t been released yet perhaps the JT section of the gig will be on a dvd like the u218 singles thing where they put the vertigo Milan dvd with the deluxe edition. It just would seem strange of them to either not release a JT dvd at all or to release it around the same time as a different tour was about to start/be promoted. So I’m thinking this tour could be a greatest hits tour and labelled as such.
    I hope not
  10. If this were in fact a proper Greatest Hits tour that will be the nail in their coffin. Can't see them doing that.
  11. JT30 wasn't that? That was basically it. JT in full + One, Happy Meal section etc
  12. Part of the reason I still wonder if this tour will turn out to be nothing but false rumours is because I can't see what the "theme" would be, and how it could be viewed as something other than a major money grab. It's different when they're promoting an album, because it's an easy reason to give for a tour.

We saw how people reacted to the Joshua Tree tour ("money grab" - "legacy act" etc.), how will people react when U2 go out on a tour for...no reason?

I think to get it right they'd have to actually NAME the tour "U2 at the end of the world" or something of that nature - give the reason in the name. It'd have to be U2 plainly saying "we're playing all the places we haven't got to in a while". Otherwise it could very quickly look like a shitty move on their part. Not for the fans in those places obviously, but to the rest of the world. Not that they have to give a shit, I suppose.