1. Still wondering what the hell this tour will be called.

U2019?

2. That's why I posted it cause my device reached 199
    Didn't know about the setting
  3. If announcement is expected May 20th (Monday after GE finishes) when can we expect poster leaks etc
  4. During that weekend I guess.
  5. I'll look at Tokyo, might get a more compact camera for it...

Always thought seeing shows in Japan would be soo cool
  6. Im torn between Melbourne, Perth and Singapore.
  7. It was very cool when I went there in March 1998. I was able to see U2 in Osaka and the very next day, the Stones in Tokyo.

One thing that I found bizarre was at the end of the show in Osaka, you had to wait for your section to be dismissed to leave the stadium. Everyone in the stands were allowed out before anyone on the floor could leave. The floor was then dismissed section by section.

I found the audience more enthusiastic than I expected but recall at points where the applause ended and it got quiet enough to hear buzzing from the amps over the speakers.

I believe I’ve told Remy my funny story of what happened during Streets and may have mentioned it to you in Paris.
  8. Another odd thing in Japan was the start times for the shows. U2 and the Stones had no opening acts and the shows had real early start times. U2 was onstage at just after 7pm and was done by 9:15.
  9. Originally posted by KenL:[..]
    It was very cool when I went there in March 1998. I was able to see U2 in Osaka and the very next day, the Stones in Tokyo.

One thing that I found bizarre was at the end of the show in Osaka, you had to wait for your section to be dismissed to leave the stadium. Everyone in the stands were allowed out before anyone on the floor could leave. The floor was then dismissed section by section.

I found the audience more enthusiastic than I expected but recall at points where the applause ended and it got quiet enough to hear buzzing from the amps over the speakers.

I believe I’ve told Remy my funny story of what happened during Streets and may have mentioned it to you in Paris.
    Haha yes I remember! That was a crazy story.

U2 and the Stones the day after
  10. Aren't the Japanese audience known to be very reserved? South America is the place to see U2.