1. I would like to see JT I’d I would be an Aussi but I hope that it’s something special- like Best of - or so. Nostalgia act is not my favourite
  2. I too would prefer they not go the nostalgia route. But I think the lesson they took away from 2017 Tour is that nostalgia sells. They wouldn’t have been able to fill stadiums in places like Indianapolis, Louisville, Buffalo, Kansas City etc if they were playing SOI and SOE all night.

It was great to see them play tracks 5-11 from JT. But I don’t really think that made for the best concert. I saw JT 17 twice, and vastly prefer the shows I saw in 2015 and 2018.
  3. If they are thinking of going the JT route, I hope they at least make it the Lovetown30 tour. So they can throw in some Rattle & Hum. It is the highest selling U2 album in Australia after all!

God Part II, AIWIY, Desire, Hawkmoon, Love Rescue Me, even Van Dieman's Land & Heartland (dreamin').

If it's nostalgia, Lovetown in arenas again would be the ultimate dream (yes I'm dreamin' again). 8 shows in Sydney last time (spanned over a month period), plus 7 shows in Melbourne.

Really was hoping they could find a way to play some shows in arenas, whether it ends up being i+e/e+i, JT32, LT30, or something totally different.
  4. Unsurprising if true. This makes big sense financially and time-wise.

They already have the staging (stored somewhere no doubt) from JT30. The 'show' is already on Willie Williams' & Anton's Mac Books. It gives the band and creative team a proper break as no need to start from scratch again.

It makes a lot of sense financially - they want to do stadiums but i&e/e&i were arena setups so hard to transpose an arena set-up to stadiums and why would they try and do a retrofit or a completely new show for that matter (with no new material) for what will be a fairly limited run of shows (similar no doubt in length to the S.America leg of JT30)...

I can imagine that the cost of doing something 'new' would be prohibitive and risky and probably not what Live Nation wants. So why not 're-do' the last stadium show that sold a ton of tix!?

And JT will sell...no doubt about that.

I suppose in terms of concessions it could be rejigged - Bruce Springsteen on The River anniversary tour played the album in full in the US but as soon as he got into Europe he dropped that bit and played River songs throughout the set. So I could see that happening - but conceptually the JT start to finish works better.

Anyway...we'll see!
  5. I can see them using JT stage, I was thinking just with less tree. So the main screen and lighting, with some sort of B stage.

Think it would be good to play a bit of everything from the last 3 tours and include couple of slots to rotate some of the rarities we have enjoyed in particular over last two tours. Wild Horses, Acrobat, In God's Country, Exit, Red Hill Mining Town etc.

Hopefully for our friends down-under you get a tour announcement soon.

Also still interested to see if they visit any new countries around Asia.
  6. Same stage, same tree but maybe with a boomerang stuck in one of the branches ?
  7. Same stage but giant boomerang or kangaroo instead of tree

8. Good one though, Remy! Way to stir up the rumors. My guess is this what everyone else is looking at, too!

9. I love U2, don't get me a wrong. But if you travel to Hawaii to see them and spend your whole time in the GA queue... sorry, but you're... well. never mind.
  10. I know a guy who knows a guy who talked to a guy that hung U2's dressing room sign that said he overheard a guy who heard from a respectable guy say that U2 was booked for this year's Fyre Festival!
  11. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    They haven't played Australia for 8 years. Easy for you to say, it wouldn't do any harm to anyone when U2 does a few shows down under. Might even be the perfect way too keep them going and get some inspiration. A long break doesn't make new music come earlier

I think they should have played Aus/NZ/Japan to open TJT30 tour in early 17 or close it in '18. But if they go back anywhere with TJT32 it pushes the band "back" two years into a place they have now left behind for no real motivation but $$$$.
  12. Originally posted by markreed:[..]

I think they should have played Aus/NZ/Japan to open TJT30 tour in early 17 or close it in '18. But if they go back anywhere with TJT32 it pushes the band "back" two years into a place they have now left behind for no real motivation but $$$$.
    That's what happens when you do a deal with the devil (LN)