1. Sounds as plausible as announcing the tour via postal mail and handing out flyers at Trafalgar Square
  2. Originally posted by Blue_Room:Lovetown was technically make up dates for the Joshua Tree tour. They had planned to play Australia in early 1988 but postponed to work on the Rattle and Hum project.
    Sort of like the make up dates on the Vertigo tour late in 2006. U2 went 8 months and then started up again for those shows. Certainly not their preference to do it that way but they are capable of it.
    I see this, if it happens, as sort of the same thing. Plan was to bring the JT 30 tour their but they ran out of time and had to focus on SOE and that tour. So this tour would be some type of hybrid using the JT 30 stage as rumored but modified. It may not happen, but it is certainly feasible. I think this tour, if it happens, is because the band thinks they need to play these areas as it has been a long time vs. a contract obligation. But I have no information to confirm that. They are a business and if they are contractrally obligated they need to do it. If it helps them fulfill a part of a contract to give them future flexibility, I could see that as well.

I totally agree with this one.. one thing to add about those contractually obligations.. of course they have some kind of obligations, but that doesn't mean they still have the freedom to decide for themselves. Doing these kind of stadium tours is an easy way for them to get some money in for livenation and in that way gives them time and freedom to do other stuff and play smaller arena's. It's not that hard to understand right? Surely Livenation never put a gun to U2's head and made them do the JT30 tour.
  3. Everything Counts In Large Amounts Tour

Wait... wrong band
  4. they already had quite a few unique touring names over (actually under) there.. Under Australian Skies, LoveTown (although it got to Europe as well) and Zoomerang/New Zooland. Really curious to see what they come up with this time...
  5. No narrative - Tour 2019
  6. Only 6 shows or more countries to be added ?
  7. Some of the cities will be getting 2 shows but not all of them according to u2songs so there could be 8-10 shows maybe? This is what I suspected when it was first mentioned right after E&I. Keeps the tour short enough that it isn’t really going to take much out of the band and even though it was questioned the band will be able to make more than enough money from this number of shows due to the high capacity of stadiums.
  8. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]
    Ok maybe i should have taken it down a notch, ur absolutely right , and no its not one of the 4 talented Irishman who is my source , but they are in the know and used to handle them for Universal Records back in the day, but its so extremely frustrating hearing this and that and with the wait already approaching 9 years its like dangling a carrot, its chinese water torture !!

PS : At least i dont hide behind pseudonyms, my real name is my handle and im more than happy to admit when im in the wrong!

No worries. Nothing wrong with strong opinions, at least we know where you stand.

Yeah, it's been a frustrating few years for Oz. Especially seeing tour after tour in the US, visiting all sorts of places, & not selling out some of the shows.

9. This would be the first time the played 5 cities in Oz since Lovetown. Usually it's 4, with Perth & Adelaide alternating. It's Adelaide's turn, but I was worried they might miss out, as Perth has a nice new 60,000 seat stadium, & a substantially higher population than Adelaide. So would be great news for Adelaide fans.