1. Originally posted by drewhigginsThe last page in U2byU2 gives some clues on if/when they'll retire from Larry.

But if they're still playing the classics and are 50 years old...hey, Bono's 46 now who cares? And like you all, I will be taking a trip to Dublin to their very last show.

Excuse me, I don't have U2BYU2 (I'll buy it as soon as I can...). What clues are you talking about? What did Larry say precisely?
    Thanks!
  2. Well, I'm not very confident 'bout my translation, but here it is:
    "In U2 all we laugh very much. Unfortunately, the auience is not aware of that. All of we have personality-problems, and we laugh about our second personalities. The different personalities will not break U2. The musical differences won't break U2. We will break up because someone will press the toothpaste from the wrong side of the tube..."

I hope you appreciate my effort and excuse my (tons of) mistakes!!
  3. Originally posted by LikeASongWell, I'm not very confident 'bout my translation, but here it is:
    "In U2 all we laugh very much. Unfortunately, the auience is not aware of that. All of we have personality-problems, and we laugh about our second personalities. The different personalities will not break U2. The musical differences won't break U2. We will break up because someone will press the toothpaste from the wrong side of the tube..."

I hope you appreciate my effort and excuse my (tons of) mistakes!!

Well, thank you so much LikeASong! Your translation is perfectly understandable!
    But now the important thing is to understand the sense of the words of Larry, and I dind't do it very well...
    What does he mean with "press the toothpaste from the wrong side of the tube"?
    Thanks a lot for your help!
  4. I think at the ages they are currently at, U2 could never pull off another Vertigo or Elevation. it would have to be something a little bit quieter...but with just as much passion.
  5. Hey Man, I'm waiting since 1983 for a Police Show
    Now i've got my ticket
    I Hope they do a great Tour
  6. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Excuse me, I don't have U2BYU2 (I'll buy it as soon as I can...). What clues are you talking about? What did Larry say precisely?
    Thanks!

I borrowed the book yesterday in the library. I'm pretty short of cash this time. But I find the book amazing. and about that last page, LikeASong already mentioned, he's completely right about that.
  7. Originally posted by StrangenightHey Man, I'm waiting since 1983 for a Police Show
    Now i've got my ticket
    I don't...
    PS. Congratulations! A ver si nos haces unas fotos decentes y nos las pasas...
  8. ".... Wrong side of the tube.." Maybe he's referring to Bono...? That if Bono gives too much attention at Africa than at U2 or something... I don't know... (i was focussing on that "SOMEONE" )

And euhm id like to say that the tickets for the police in Belgium were sold out within 38 minutes !!
    ( I'm a little bit afraid when U2 will come to Belgium again, i'll set up my tent )

And i think U2 is smart enough to give that last tour on the right time and make it something to never forget, with an end of a neverending applause and music that will stay in the heart...
  9. Originally posted by BelgianBono".... Wrong side of the tube.." Maybe he's referring to Bono...? That if Bono gives too much attention at Africa than at U2 or something... I don't know... (i was focussing on that "SOMEONE" )
    Well, I read sometime ago in I-don't-remember-where that Larry, Edge and Adam were glad with Bono's attention to humanitarian aid to Africa and so... So I don't think that would be a problem to U2...

10. Thanks, Don't worry I do the picts.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well, I read sometime ago in I-don't-remember-where that Larry, Edge and Adam were glad with Bono's attention to humanitarian aid to Africa and so... So I don't think that would be a problem to U2...

Ok then that will not be a problem (luckaly...)