1. i loved SBS as a opener, but, The Miracle and The Blackout on i+E and E+I are too weak as opening songs imo

2. Agreed on Breathe. Probably their worst opening song of just about any tour for me. The first and second leg of 360 had such a cool opening with Soon, then thud, Breathe. I like the song Breathe ok, just did not work as an opener.
  3. It's almost impossible to top Zoo Station and Mofo in memory.
  4. I always love the openers with an 'act', a build up, like Mofo, Zoo Station or Blackout. The Miracle feels like a cheap, uninspiring opener. Same for SBS and Breathe.

I also love the Even better 360° one.
  5. I think for many years U2 always want to make an entrance and in comparison to many artists, where house lights go down and they just walk on, U2 at least appear to have put some thought into the entrance and mixed it up a bit.

TJ30 intro worked as it was just them out on the B stage, no impact from stage lighting or special effects. They were the impact and blasting out few hits to start really got the show going.

Loved EI intro, Chaplin into Blackout was great. Although there were a few bemused faces around at some of the shows, heard one comment "is that them or a video" halfway through Blackout. But maybe they were going with the chance that people had seen IE and were coming back for the 2nd half.
  6. For the JT tour, yeah, Sunday Bloody Sunday was weird, should've been Out of Control THEN Sunday Bloody Sunday or something.

But The Miracle and LIAWHL -> Blackout were awesome.
  7. Definitely don't agree..being 10 feet from Larry's SBS intro was one of the best moments of all the shows I've seen. I liked how it was just him at the start, kind of like Breathe
  8. Breathe was a great opener.
  9. Yeah, I was so disappointed when I saw what they did to the Rose Bowl DVD
  10. Always remember Bono really bigging up Breathe in the run up to the 360 tour,i really liked how Soon preceded it with Larry just walking on alone and kick starting the show.
    Nobody mentioning the Vertigo Tour openings,i liked both COBL and Vertigo but how weird was Love And Peace Or Else on the really early 1st leg shows?? I think U2 caught everyone out with that beginning.