Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Pearl Jam vs U2 is especially on topic here.

2. With do respect I don't think you get the art of Patti Smith. Bono, EV, Stipe, Thom Yorke, Thurston Moore, REM all highly regard her as an artist. I've seen her perform three times and she has been epic and a disaster. I still like her work and see her as essential. It might be you and not Patti.
  3. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]

With do respect I don't think you get the art of Patti Smith. Bono, EV, Stipe, Thom Yorke, Thurston Moore, REM all highly regard her as an artist. I've seen her perform three times and she has been epic and a disaster. I still like her work and see her as essential. It might be you and not Patti.
    It doesn’t really bother me how highly regarded she is by others I don’t like her music. It doesn’t mean it isn’t good though that’s simply my opinion so yes it is me and not Patti but that’s the same with anyone’s likes and dislikes in music. There’s bound to be plenty of artists you don’t like and I could put there name in that sentence ‘I don’t think you get the art of ______’ and it’s true also but it’s just another way of saying we all have different tastes, there’s no good or bad, right or wrong with music really just opinions.
  4. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]

With do respect I don't think you get the art of Patti Smith. Bono, EV, Stipe, Thom Yorke, Thurston Moore, REM all highly regard her as an artist. I've seen her perform three times and she has been epic and a disaster. I still like her work and see her as essential. It might be you and not Patti.
    Maybe I don't want to get her "art" because I simply don't care for it. I like People Have The Power and that is about it (and that is just OK). My only live experience with her is her absolutely destroying Mothers of The Disappeared in Detroit. It was horrendous and borderline uncomfortable to watch/hear.
    Different strokes for different folks, nothing is more true with that statement than music. I don't care who likes it, I do not care for her "art". Its Very Simple.
  5. Patti Smith is great. Saw her three times (2x Paradiso and last time in Utrecht. She played a beautiful version of love is all we have left.
  6. I was there in Detroit. It was bad. Her doc Dream of Life has the greatest production l have seen in a doc. My Blakean Year is another great track.
  7. They're really going for it. Great for fans in these 'first show' cities.
  8. that's a big surprise! Or was this already rumoured (haven't really followed the JT 2019 topics the last few weeks)??
  9. Oh, no big deal, just U2 slipping in a show at the LITERAL LARGEST ARENA on the PLANET?!?!?!

This is SUCH A CRAZY SURPRISE!!! I don’t even live in the Philippines, and I’m HYPED for them!!!
  10. I just love this, can you imagine being a u2 fan in the Philippines right now? It’s brilliant, ending the tour there, I think it’s going to be an amazing show.