Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. I can't figure out why they didn't go ahead with the 2nd Melbourne show? I mean, the first one was 95% sold out or more on day one. Put it on sale, reduce some of those prices, and let the tickets sell! Even if they only bring in 40,000, isn't that better than everybody sitting around on their ass on a Saturday night and playing to 0 people?
  2. I think after seeing how bad the ticket sales for Auckland 2 were/still are, they decided against it?

Or that was at least a factor.
  3. Originally posted by tommybanny:But bow does that theory work? I mean...a lot of the Europe/US shows where the band are most popular only had one show in some places...getting 2 shows is actually the rarity.

Maybe something to do with the fact that including and post the Vertigo Tour Australia/NZ have had 2 tour legs and the US have had 7 tour legs?

Only 250% more

Point being, they're hardly ever in this part of the world.
  4. Bangkok is likely. Coldplay also went there after their Manila gig. Crew is booked until the 15th so it could fit.
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:I can't figure out why they didn't go ahead with the 2nd Melbourne show? I mean, the first one was 95% sold out or more on day one. Put it on sale, reduce some of those prices, and let the tickets sell! Even if they only bring in 40,000, isn't that better than everybody sitting around on their ass on a Saturday night and playing to 0 people?
    I think they doubted whether it would sell 40,000 based on other experiences and sale stats. Metallica’s second show in Melbourne was a sales disaster as I understood whereas the first one sold well. Too many uncertain factors for them to pull the trigger.

A sold out N1 doesn’t guarantee anything for N2.
  6. Big gap in the schedule at the Blaisdell Center and the Stan Sherriff Center in Hawaii before the 22nd... jus' sayin'... and wishful thinkin'!
  7. If it weren't for the logistic issues for Melbourne 1, I wonder if they would have announced Melbourne 2 the same time they did with Sydney and Auckland 2. I guess the wait made them pull the plug and focus on other areas in Asia.
  8. This post will no doubt annoy some as most of my posts seem to do but i say the following as a huge but deeply concerned fan!!!

Its somewhat embarrassing with how slowly these second shows in some cities have sold or failed to sell out!!

It's hard enough as it is being a U2 fan , u cop shit from all directions, friends/family/lovers/wives/girlfriends/flings/mistresses to name a few.

Where did it go so horribly wrong for them ?!

I suspect in the main it was that godawful PR disaster and the infamous SOI free album installed ( hacked and violated if u believe those still whining about it) in everyone's itunes collection!!, Still to this day on twitter and other socials sites a ton of people still bitch and moan about it, among them industry reviewers/figureheads etc, reviewers or B grade celebs/musicians.

They are a truly amazing and iconic band 'the last of the rockstars' and its such a shame that they are flirting with the 'Nickleback's and co' ( yes shock horror but its legit ) when it comes to mocking and subjective ridicule from both the pop and general culture crowds !!!.

I desperately hope they can swing this negative vibe back around into a positive one before they call it quits!

I welcome other comments and thoughts

PS : I predicted all this with a post i did months ago with a topic on how the band had neglected this part of the world for far too long, and got hounded and lambasted for my efforts!!
  9. Originally posted by DanialGowans:This post will no doubt annoy some as most of my posts seem to do but i say the following as a huge but deeply concerned fan!!!

Its somewhat embarrassing with how slowly these second shows in some cities have sold or failed to sell out!!

It's hard enough as it is being a U2 fan , u cop shit from all directions, friends/family/lovers/wives/girlfriends/flings/mistresses to name a few.

Where did it go so horribly wrong for them ?!

I suspect in the main it was that godawful PR disaster and the infamous SOI free album installed ( hacked and violated if u believe those still whining about it) in everyone's itunes collection!!, Still to this day on twitter and other socials sites a ton of people still bitch and moan about it, among them industry reviewers/figureheads etc, reviewers or B grade celebs/musicians.

They are a truly amazing and iconic band 'the last of the rockstars' and its such a shame that they are flirting with the 'Nickleback's and co' ( yes shock horror but its legit ) when it comes to mocking and subjective ridicule from both the pop and general culture crowds !!!.

I desperately hope they can swing this negative vibe back around into a positive one before they call it quits!

I welcome other comments and thoughts

PS : I predicted all this with a post i did months ago with a topic on how the band had neglected this part of the world for far too long, and got hounded and lambasted for my efforts!!
    I don’t think there’s too much to worry about. The band still seem to be capable of selling 40k+ tickets just about anywhere in the world ( a lot more in some places). Not selling out a 2nd show maybe does suggest a decline in popularity but there’s very few bands that could pull off a stadium world tour which is what u2 are about to complete this year. They’ll know in the future if they fail to shift a significant amount of the tickets for the 2nd shows just to stick to 1 night going forward.
  10. Originally posted by DanialGowans:

I doubt this would have an affect on ticket sales. I think that people just don't care about U2 anymore.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t think there’s too much to worry about. The band still seem to be capable of selling 40k+ tickets just about anywhere in the world ( a lot more in some places). Not selling out a 2nd show maybe does suggest a decline in popularity but there’s very few bands that could pull off a stadium world tour which is what u2 are about to complete this year. They’ll know in the future if they fail to shift a significant amount of the tickets for the 2nd shows just to stick to 1 night going forward.

Agreed