Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. He did not say it was their last tour, he just said they have no plans...
  2. Hmmm....

The way he words it though does make it seem like he doesn't ONLY mean "yeah we just have no plans after." It's the way he says "it turns out that Mumbai is the last show and we have no plans to tour after that".

I'm sure he doesn't mean "this is it", but he's also hinting that.....it might be it? It's weird.

This being said, I've been saying forever that "this must be their last album", and I've been wrong every time. It's a little macabre to say, but I don't think U2 will stop being active musically until one of them is gone, or they physically can't do it anymore.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Hmmm....

The way he words it though does make it seem like he doesn't ONLY mean "yeah we just have no plans after." It's the way he says "it turns out that Mumbai is the last show and we have no plans to tour after that".

I'm sure he doesn't mean "this is it", but he's also hinting that.....it might be it? It's weird.

This being said, I've been saying forever that "this must be their last album", and I've been wrong every time. It's a little macabre to say, but I don't think U2 will stop being active musically until one of them is gone, or they physically can't do it anymore.
    Bono is a great salesman he knows the media will pick up on that and will help sell more tickets, before SOI came out he was saying he wasn't sure the world wanted another U2 album and that their future was uncertain ,when ALTYCLB came out he was saying we've waited all our lives to make this record and it could be the last ,but who knows what they plan to do in the future I reckon they could go on a long hiatus after this tour ends.
  4. At this point, that gig in Mumbai is the farthest thing they have booked into the future. That’s all he’s saying. If, heaven forbid, one of the members dies or comes down with a condition that won’t allow them to play, then that will be the last U2 gig. He says he hopes it’s not their last tour, but at this point, another tour is not a given.

I’m sure that right now their plan is to finish this tour, and then spend the next couple years making an album. By 2022, it’ll have been 4 years since they hit NA and Europe, and it’ll be time for another tour. So that’s probably the soft goal they’re setting for the next album. But you never know...
  5. I think in current state of music business No act Can afford long hiatus... shows Generata money And at least some streaming listens if not record sales
    Look at Metallica constantly on tour for past 10+ years new record or not
    Rolling Stones ... the same etc
    Of course we dream of it being the old way ... new record - tour - rest cycle but the business changed a lot ... Queen used to tour every year and release damn good records each year on the 70s the music business is so far away from it now
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Hmmm....

It would actually prefer if U2 stopped touring altogether if it meant they would be recording and releasing new albums every 1-2 years, just go all out experimental and meditative in studio in their last years together
  7. Remember the rumours that started around the last US E and I show in Uncasville, CT last year when info leaked that this was the bands last US tour? I think the comments by Bono and Edge in the interview above support that U2 may be done with touring. This is why the push to take their most revered album to places they haven't played in ten plus years or never played. I still think U2 will record one more album but full out tours will be no more. Bring on residency shows in select cities for 2 to 3 weeks at a time.
  8. Originally posted by LostSailor:Remember the rumours that started around the last US E and I show in Uncasville, CT last year when info leaked that this was the bands last US tour? I think the comments by Bono and Edge in the interview above support that U2 may be done with touring. This is why the push to take their most revered album to places they haven't played in ten plus years or never played. I still think U2 will record one more album but full out tours will be no more. Bring on residency shows in select cities for 2 to 3 weeks at a time.
    bingo, it's all adding up, the more you think about it the more it adds up, U2 are clearly coming to the end of their touring career, there have been many hints here and there to suggest so and I'm not going to be begrudge them for it, the band getting into studio to record more often is a good thing if it means more music for the fans, I think we'll be seeing them release material a-lot more frequently over the next 10 years.

As a fan I can't wait to see what the band have in store for the future, I'm eagerly looking forward to see where they take us next, the next chapter in their industrious career. It's been an amazing journey and one hell of a ride and I'm very excited for the future.
  9. I prefer U2 on stage. I never listen to their studio recordings. I only listen to the bootlegs of concerts. I would be pretty sad if their future is throwing out albums but if they do not tour anymore. I don't want to think about it as this would make me really sad.
  10. Originally posted by LostSailor:Remember the rumours that started around the last US E and I show in Uncasville, CT last year when info leaked that this was the bands last US tour? I think the comments by Bono and Edge in the interview above support that U2 may be done with touring. This is why the push to take their most revered album to places they haven't played in ten plus years or never played. I still think U2 will record one more album but full out tours will be no more. Bring on residency shows in select cities for 2 to 3 weeks at a time.
    I did not hear about this. Who las leaked it? What is CT?
  11. I can’t help but laugh at the idea people think u2 are hinting at not touring anymore in this interview. Someone has picked out a comment where Bono says we don’t have any plans to tour again (in relation to playing every show like it's your last) yet nobody highlights the fact he says we want to tour again and that edge said he didn’t think it would be the last show they play together. In further news 2+2 doesn’t = 5.
  12. Originally posted by fragueboy:[..]
    bingo, it's all adding up, the more you think about it the more it adds up, U2 are clearly coming to the end of their touring career, there have been many hints here and there to suggest so and I'm not going to be begrudge them for it, the band getting into studio to record more often is a good thing if it means more music for the fans, I think we'll be seeing them release material a-lot more frequently over the next 10 years.

As a fan I can't wait to see what the band have in store for the future, I'm eagerly looking forward to see where they take us next, the next chapter in their industrious career. It's been an amazing journey and one hell of a ride and I'm very excited for the future.
    When the 360 tour was coming to end Adam mentioned in the tour book "from the ground up" that they wouldn't be doing the big mammoth tours anymore, the last 3 tours have been much smaller with only major cities getting shows particularly in Europe I reckon one or two of the band said they weren't happy spending 2 years on the road and would only continue if touring was scaled back to a minimum, however I can't imagine them not touring an album as live gigs is where they excel.