Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. I don't think too that they will not tour anymore. As I said before: now new album = no plans for a tour.
    As soon as they will have a new album, they will tour.
  2. Then they would have plans: AB Tour 2021
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Bono is a great salesman he knows the media will pick up on that and will help sell more tickets, before SOI came out he was saying he wasn't sure the world wanted another U2 album and that their future was uncertain ,when ALTYCLB came out he was saying we've waited all our lives to make this record and it could be the last ,but who knows what they plan to do in the future I reckon they could go on a long hiatus after this tour ends.

Exactly, I took it as that extra bit of alert+promotion that they've used sometimes. I remember them saying something similar about the 2018 Dublin gigs (which of course became second last of the tour after Berlin2 happened, but still). I don't see anything to worry about...

...yet I went and checked flights to Bombay yesterday
  4. AB would be a perfect gap fill and a good way to get them ready for the next album release and tour after a year off in 2020. Put it this way if they don’t tour AB in 2021 that will be at least 2 full years we won’t be seeing the band for because there’s next to no chance an album will be released by 2021 or maybe at best it would be the very end of that year but still that could be around 2 years away from the end of this year’s tour and 4 years since there last album. I don’t understand why any u2 fan would rather have nothing from the band over a tour.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:AB would be a perfect gap fill and a good way to get them ready for the next album release and tour after a year off in 2020. Put it this way if they don’t tour AB in 2021 that will be at least 2 full years we won’t be seeing the band for because there’s next to no chance an album will be released by 2021 or maybe at best it would be the very end of that year but still that could be around 2 years away from the end of this year’s tour and 4 years since there last album. I don’t understand why any u2 fan would rather have nothing from the band over a tour.
    1. Finances
    2. EI was quite AB heavy. I still maintain that that wouldn't have done Acrobat in EI if they were going to do AB21.
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    1. Finances
    2. EI was quite AB heavy. I still maintain that that wouldn't have done Acrobat in EI if they were going to do AB21.
    Lol, yeah it’s been a costly few years seeing the band but the point is you would still go and you would still enjoy it. It must be better than nothing, we all know realistically u2 won’t have an album ready by then. It’s true though that they’ve played a lot of Achtung baby not just last year but over the last few tours combined. I’d still love to see it, mainly for love is Blindness but I’m not quite as desperate.
  7. Connecticut.

I think if it was the end of U2 touring, it would be marketed as such. I'd presume tours would sell much better if it was the last chance to see the band. Barring health/personal issues, which could stop them touring at any time, I'd say we'll see them back.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:AB would be a perfect gap fill and a good way to get them ready for the next album release and tour after a year off in 2020. Put it this way if they don’t tour AB in 2021 that will be at least 2 full years we won’t be seeing the band for because there’s next to no chance an album will be released by 2021 or maybe at best it would be the very end of that year but still that could be around 2 years away from the end of this year’s tour and 4 years since there last album. I don’t understand why any u2 fan would rather have nothing from the band over a tour.
    I mean, you could also say that an AB tour would only further delay new music and a new tour from the band.

For me it's a matter of artistic integrity. I think the JT2017 tour was dangerously close to "legacy act" status, as close as they'd want to get - and an AB tour would only cement that notion. Especially being that they could guise the JT tour as a political statement, whereas AB is anything but. Everyone would look at it and say "cash grab". I don't want that for U2.

TBH, I'd prefer they release a new video/cd of a quality ZooTV show that's been unreleased. Gimme a super cleaned up blu-ray of the Stockholm 1992 show or something - or a pro-shot of the Dublin '93 show that's never been seen before.