Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. I was only thinking the same earlier. After weeks and months of rumors and then anticipation it will all be over this time next week. Be interesting to see what they do next year with the 40th anniversary of Boy and 20th anniversary of ATYCLB.
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I was only thinking the same earlier. After weeks and months of rumors and then anticipation it will all be over this time next week. Be interesting to see what they do next year with the 40th anniversary of Boy and 20th anniversary of ATYCLB.
    Forgot AB 2021, I would LOVE an ATYCLB anniversary tour lol.
  3. My wallet hates me this year. Give me time to recover please
  4. The tour 360 that I saw ended in 2011, Songs of Inocence tour was May 2015
    ok so it was 2 months less than
    4 LONG YEARS
    I waited so long to see then again
    Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It really wasn't, 360 ended at the end of July 2011 and the band "only" disappeared for the whole of 2012 and half of 2013. They soon released Ordinary Love, a couple of months later Invisible (we're back!) and then in September 2014 SOI started this crazy release-tour-release-tour cycle.

The gap between the end of Vertigo Tour and the start of the NLOTH/360 cycle DID feel like an eternity though, I can tell you that. Also with postponements and false release dates... ahhh it was really painful to get to January 2009
  5. Yeah NLOTH was only a little over 2 years after the end of the vertigo tour. Even if we go from the end of 360 to SOI being released we’re still longer than that. Ordinary love didn’t come out til the end of 2013 so we had to wait as long after 360 just to get 1 song as we had to wait after the vertigo tour ended to get a full album. Zooropa and the end of zoo tv to pop must have felt like a long wait for fans back then based on how quickly they’d been releasing material prior to that.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:Yeah NLOTH was only a little over 2 years after the end of the vertigo tour. Even if we go from the end of 360 to SOI being released we’re still longer than that. Ordinary love didn’t come out til the end of 2013 so we had to wait as long after 360 just to get 1 song as we had to wait after the vertigo tour ended to get a full album. Zooropa and the end of zoo tv to pop must have felt like a long wait for fans back then based on how quickly they’d been releasing material prior to that.
    so you start 'waiting' for a new album, only after a tour finishes? Even when it's just a small rescheduled leg like in 2006? I think most start 'counting' after their last concert or after the previous album release. I think the gaps in between things have been pretty similar since 1993 until 2014/15, at least for US citizens and Europeans.
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    so you start 'waiting' for a new album, only after a tour finishes? Even when it's just a small rescheduled leg like in 2006? I think most start 'counting' after their last concert or after the previous album release. I think the gaps in between things have been pretty similar since 1993 until 2014/15, at least for US citizens and Europeans.
    You start counting whenever you want to. There are no rules on the matter. The only reason I mentioned the gaps between tours finishing and the band releasing something is that was the direction the conversation had started off. If we want to look simply at album releases then the gap between NLOTH and SOI being released was also longer than HTDAAB - NLOTH. If we’re talking about when people attended then that’s completely unique to the individual.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You start counting whenever you want to. There are no rules on the matter. The only reason I mentioned the gaps between tours finishing and the band releasing something is that was the direction the conversation had started off. If we want to look simply at album releases then the gap between NLOTH and SOI being released was also longer than HTDAAB - NLOTH. If we’re talking about when people attended then that’s completely unique to the individual.
    well, I only read your comment and the one you were reacting on (Like A Song) and I would assume Like A Song's Vertigo Tour ended in the summer of 2005 and not at the end of 2006, hence the long waiting... there was no mixlr of social media back then, so that Australian/Asian leg in 2006 was just something on paper for everyone who wasn't there..
  9. Not exactly: U2start was born at the end of the Vertigo Tour and we "followed live" (although not listened, just followed the setlists as they were updated (VIA SMS!!!) by U2gigs) the last couple of gigs. And then there was the big blossoming of this site, growing with new features throughout 2007 and 2008... So there was definitely a lot going on "in my U2 world" anyways.

And I'm well aware of how long each wait was - I'm just reflecting on how it felt. The gap between Honolulu in Dec 2006 and the release of NLOTH in Feb 2009 was obviously quite shorter than the gap between Moncton in Jul 2011 and the release of SOI in Sept 2014, but the former FELT much longer than the latter due to several factors (one of them, Ordinary Love being released in Nov 2013 and Invisible in Feb 2014).
  10. Even though it's a long wait for a new album each time, it just gets quicker and quicker as you get older and older
  11. Originally posted by dylbagz:Even though it's a long wait for a new album each time, it just gets quicker and quicker as you get older and older
    I actually agree with that which sort of falls in line with LikeASong’s way of thinking although back at the times we were discussing it felt much the same to me. I was only stating the actual timescale a few posts back but absolutely a year in my life now feels quicker than a year in my life 5 years ago. As I said it’s all unique to the individual. The last 5 years from SOI being released have seemed like the quickest 5 years of my life but my life’s changed a lot in that time.
  12. Originally posted by dylbagz:Even though it's a long wait for a new album each time, it just gets quicker and quicker as you get older and older
    indeed. Can't believe it's already 13 months since Berlin last year and over 2 years since the release of Songs of Experience. Time flies sometimes. Waiting for Pop and All that you can't leave behind felt like it took ages.