Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. LOL...from the U2Songs May 22 update:

"One radio station in Australia didn’t get the memo that the announcement was delayed on Monday. The crew on the radio on the Kate, Tim and Marty program announced, “You know that U2 have announced their tour for the end of the year. Yes, in Australia! You know how Shawn Mendes did November here, Bono’s doing this November. This November. It’s 2019. It’s the Joshua Tree tour, this will be huge, this will to be massive! Because Bono and Noel Gallagher are mates, there’s rumour mill and scuttle butt that Noel is supporting U2 with his High Flying Birds”. The whole thing can be heard on the podcast at 56:55."

2. C'mon people...no need to shout at one another!

It's OK to have different opinions & readings of this whole rumour/announcement circle circus.

Rumours are substantiated, but that still doesn't mean that the tour is on. Simple as that.
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:C'mon people...no need to shout at one another!

It's OK to have different opinions & readings of this whole rumour/announcement circle circus..

Rumours are substantiated, but that still doesn't mean that the tour is on. Simple as that.
    Thankyou ..
  4. Originally posted by DanialGowans:I am no longer in the ‘it’s not happening’ camp ... I believe the tour is going to happen, what I am protesting about is the misguided use of ‘sources’ (who sprang the rumour originally ) and the ‘its definitely happening’ type mentality that has worn a lot of people down. NO ONE apart from the 4 Irish lads themselves know if this is 100% happening , it might be 99% over the line, but that’s still not 100% !??!? Yet some here are acting like they ARE the four Irish Lads and know more than the band themselves !!

Throw in the sarcastic attitude - mainly from those in the Northern Hemisphere - towards those like myself who had doubts about this tour originally or still do have doubts and it becomes grating!

Northern Hemisphere punters have had ample U2 overdoeses while we down here in the Southern Hemisphere continue to suffer with this agonising stop start stop start expected announcement so the ‘sarcasm’ isn’t appreciated!

All said with the greatest of respect also!
    There's a lot of people involved in the U2 organization, who are sharing and sending these bits of information. These are people who's job it is to know where the tour is going to be, when it will be announced and so on. In many cases they likely do know more than the band themselves on this one. As they are the ones who do the planning, the routing, the organization of the venues etc. I've worked with the band on a couple of projects now, and I've seen how the organization works from the inside, the band have very little knowledge of the day to day and are far more focused on the bigger picture. Ask them if Australia is happening they can probably say yes, but they probably have no idea on any of the detail.
  5. There's a lot of people involved in the U2 organization, who are sharing and sending these bits of information. These are people who's job it is to know where the tour is going to be, when it will be announced and so on. In many cases they likely do know more than the band themselves on this one. As they are the ones who do the planning, the routing, the organization of the venues etc. I've worked with the band on a couple of projects now, and I've seen how the organization works from the inside, the band have very little knowledge of the day to day and are far more focused on the bigger picture. Ask them if Australia is happening they can probably say yes, but they probably have no idea on any of the detail.

A measured respectful and well thought out take on the situation and I inturn respect ur view and take it on board .. the other guy , NOT SO!
  6. After the day I've had, I need it! I suspect if we were all sat in the pub, this would all be squared off quite quickly. You are all good, passionate people. Four pints each and ye'd all be arm in arm singing Revenge for Skibereen.
  7. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    After the day I've had, I need it! I suspect if we were all sat in the pub, this would all be squared off quite quickly. You are all good, passionate people. Four pints each and ye'd all be arm in arm singing Revenge for Skibereen.
    Hahahaha on that positive note I’m off to bed !
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:C'mon people...no need to shout at one another!

It's OK to have different opinions & readings of this whole rumour/announcement circle circus.

Is it a coincidence that the same people who were so vocal that the tour wouldn’t happen are the same people who are so vocal about how the rumours are being shared?
    I respect the sites wishes to keep this a peaceful place so I’ll leave it at that.
  9. Nothing is officially happening until it's properly announced, bottom line. I appreciate those who have shared their information, and I can respect the need for anonymity and protecting of sources. I appreciate u2start, u2songs, etc. for sharing any info with us. Everything is subject to change until it's official
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Is it a coincidence that the same people who were so vocal that the tour wouldn’t happen are the same people who are so vocal about how the rumours are being shared?
    I respect the sites wishes to keep this a peaceful place so I’ll leave it at that.
    not all the same people..